Question about suite perks

mocrimlaw

We are just booking a South America cruise at the last minute, after having to cancel an Asian cruise.  We are looking at a Sky Suite.  When we were in a suite on Celebrity before, we really enjoyed the private dining room and the ability to get off the ship first at ports.  This time we are traveling with a friend who will not be in a suite.  I wondered if we will be able to have him join us in the private dining room.  I know we had people join us there once on the last cruise for a fee, but I don't know if you can do that every day (for a fee of course)?

You can invite guests into Luminae subject to a fee.  If memory serves it is $10pp for breakfast, $20pp for lunch and $30pp for dinner.  It is added to your onboard account.  Whether you can do it every day will probably depend on the Matire D, the time you want to eat and how crowded the venue is.  It might be more politic to join them at a speciality restaurant from time to time.

ETA - you can ask for seating in the MDR if you prefer.

Edited by GastroGnome

Oh yes, we will definitely eat in the specialty restaurants too - good idea.  And in the main dining room.  I was thinking of breakfast and lunch actually for a more regular thing.  They don't have any more suites available - we got the last one - so he can't get one.

The official rules are that you can bring a guest to Luminae once for the fees listed above.   The Restaurant Manager may make an exception.   As for taking your friends with you for expedited disembarkation at Tender Ports I have found that the concierges usually allow this.

Thanks jelayne - no, I don't think any Aqua Class are available either.  This was such a last minute decision, due to our Asia cruise changing final destinations 3 times so far, it has become a nightmare.  Plus the ship we were supposed to be on there for a March 1 cruise has a spent the last 15 days looking for a port to dock at with no success.  They have had 15 sea days.  We are not interested in traveling all the way to Asia just to be at sea!  So we have scrambled to find an alternative that fit our scheduled vacation time.  I have always enjoyed Celebrity but just realized that trailing with someone in a different cabin class creates some logistical issues.

Recently booked a suite as a surprise for my wife. We usually do Aqua. The suite will also get us over the line for Elite ( we would have been one point out with an Aqua booking). Now she is talking about asking friends to come along. If so I will change to a balcony.  

Is the Suite that important to you this trip? Book speciality restaurants. I doubt there will be much sunbathing in Retreat around the Horn. Use the money saved on another trip. 

Hi Hawkesbay - well I need to wait till tomorrow to call my agent and see what else might be available.  The suite is only important if we can bring our friend to the private dining room, and if we can get off earlier at ports.  Those are the only perks that interest us.  We really did not enjoy the buffet at all on our last Celebrity cruise, so we stuck to the private room for breakfast (and lunch on sea days).