BTB CRUISE FROM BALTIMORE?

littysmom

No, but we heard the same about the port. We live 2 hrs away, and always fly to Florida for our cruises in order to sail to the more exotic locations. 

The airfares are pricey my kids, who have to buy tickets for for their families. We thought we would like to try sailing from Baltimore, but leaving from Baltimore,  you are limited in the ports that you get to visit. We enjoy the Southern itineraries best. That's why we thought we would try and get info on a BTB cruise.

6 hours ago, littysmom said:

No, but we heard the same about the port. We live 2 hrs away, and always fly to Florida for our cruises in order to sail to the more exotic locations. 

The airfares are pricey my kids, who have to buy tickets for for their families. We thought we would like to try sailing from Baltimore, but leaving from Baltimore,  you are limited in the ports that you get to visit. We enjoy the Southern itineraries best. That's why we thought we would try and get info on a BTB cruise.

There are other cruise lines that include air tix -even Intercontinental.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, littysmom said:

Grandeur of the Seas has some 12-night itineraries that go as far south as St. Lucia.  You can look at the itineraries on the RC website, or a travel agent's website.

The problem with doing B2B is that you would still come back to the original port at the end of each cruise, so it wouldn't get you any further south, just a longer total cruise.

I get what you are saying about flying to Florida.  And if flights are involved, we always go a day early, with hotel costs added. If you are two hours driving away from Baltimore, you have a good, relaxed start, plus the sailaway is interesting in itself.

• Thanks 1

Interested in eventually trying cruises from Baltimore.  In order to save money for excursions, and to have a larger variety of ports, we usually drive instead of flying to Florida (I don't mind long road trips).  However, Balto is a quick five hour drive from my house and even with limited itineraries, it'll be interesting to try a different cruise line from our usual (Holland America).