Anyone had any experience with the new screening yet?

Jzx1103

Screening?  🤔

When we boarded Oasis yesterday, there was no screening at all...not even the "old" health questionnaire. 

Not exactly what I expected after the deluge is emails and text messages from rci over the last week or two. 🤣

Edited by 3CatsInMA

7 hours ago, BeachChik said:

I didn't realize that. This probably seems like a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. 🙂 So now that people from the infected area can't travel and we are past the 14 day incubation period we, in theory, shouldn't see any new infected in the US?

No, as there are transmission between people outside of china now such as the brits who infected others in France despite none of them having been to china.

samething with transmission in singapore, throughout europe, japan, taiwan, pretty much everywhere around the world. Transmission is no longer limited to those in china or have had contact with someone who was in china. 

Edited by gilboman

Looks like the passport ban is over....

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-s ... ry-updates

"Novel Coronavirus Travel Alerts

UPDATED ON FEBRUARY 10, 2020

TRAVEL RESTRICTION UPDATE

Royal Caribbean has ended its temporary general restriction on holders of passports from China, Hong Kong and Macau. The general restriction was adopted last week in response to numerous ports and governments around the world restricting travel for Chinese passport holders, often with little advance notice.

Now that these governmental restrictions have been clarified, we are able to clarify our own policies. Our 15-day restriction on all individuals who have traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau remains in effect, and so do restrictions on individuals who have been in close contact with persons who have traveled from, through or to China, Hong Kong and Macau in the past 15 days.

We maintain a list of our current boarding policies for all travelers, together with a list of current local travel restrictions at https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/pr ... rt-holders. We encourage holders of China, Hong Kong and Macau passports to be aware of the potential for a disrupted vacation, and to contact us with any questions."

8 minutes ago, Ru5tY said:

Looks like the passport ban is over....

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-s ... ry-updates

"Novel Coronavirus Travel Alerts

UPDATED ON FEBRUARY 10, 2020

TRAVEL RESTRICTION UPDATE

Royal Caribbean has ended its temporary general restriction on holders of passports from China, Hong Kong and Macau. The general restriction was adopted last week in response to numerous ports and governments around the world restricting travel for Chinese passport holders, often with little advance notice.

Now that these governmental restrictions have been clarified, we are able to clarify our own policies. Our 15-day restriction on all individuals who have traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau remains in effect, and so do restrictions on individuals who have been in close contact with persons who have traveled from, through or to China, Hong Kong and Macau in the past 15 days.

We maintain a list of our current boarding policies for all travelers, together with a list of current local travel restrictions at https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/pr ... rt-holders. We encourage holders of China, Hong Kong and Macau passports to be aware of the potential for a disrupted vacation, and to contact us with any questions."

You just made my day!!!

• Like 5

I believe I heard that Norwegian cruise line has the same ban as RCL.    I know that doesn't help but it's not just RCL who put the policy in place.

I would try emailing the President as someone else suggested and provided you with his email address.   I am sure he will be able to help.   

When you phoned customer service did you say that your parents have been in contact with someone from China?    I would think they would refund money over the phone in this case instead of having a "person who may have been exposed to virus" come to port.     I would try that if you don't get a response from RCL President.

23 hours ago, Jzx1103 said:

Also if Royal feel like I'm too dangerous to be let on the ship, it only makes more sense to let anyone I'm associated with cancel also. Either I pose no threat and they should let me onboard, or my entire family is a threat.

Although I feel your pain, but you are talking about yourself, in a special situation.  But how do you feel about China, banning all travel, and having extremely tight quaranteen restrictions for their residents in an expanding area?  Sounds like you are a Chinese citizen bashing a USA company, but on the flip side, it's much worse.   So although I think it might be a restrictive policy, I don't see much difference than what is happening world wide with restrictions.  Work with corporate to resolve your "unique" situation. 

28 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Although I feel your pain, but you are talking about yourself, in a special situation.  But how do you feel about China, banning all travel, and having extremely tight quaranteen restrictions for their residents in an expanding area?  Sounds like you are a Chinese citizen bashing a USA company, but on the flip side, it's much worse.   So although I think it might be a restrictive policy, I don't see much difference than what is happening world wide with restrictions.  Work with corporate to resolve your "unique" situation. 

Its Apples and Oranges comparing Chinas situation to US right now, within China, there's actually a massive outbreak, any quarantines, restrictions etc are fully justified. Currently there are no reason to do this to anyone living outside of China. Royal did it right yesterday by changing it back to banning only those whose been to Asia recently. Plus the Trump administration has already restricted travel to the US from China now. So even less of the reason for cruiselines to punish Chinese people whose already in the U.S., if US starting to see a semblance of an outbreak like China did, then sure be more restrictive. But as of now, its overkill.

1 hour ago, Jzx1103 said:

Its Apples and Oranges comparing Chinas situation to US right now, within China, there's actually a massive outbreak, any quarantines, restrictions etc are fully justified. Currently there are no reason to do this to anyone living outside of China. Royal did it right yesterday by changing it back to banning only those whose been to Asia recently. Plus the Trump administration has already restricted travel to the US from China now. So even less of the reason for cruiselines to punish Chinese people whose already in the U.S., if US starting to see a semblance of an outbreak like China did, then sure be more restrictive. But as of now, its overkill.

It's mostly over the restrictions, but it was apples to apples.  So you have a tour group of 15 Chinese citizens board a ship, at one of the many international ports.  When the ship leaves the next country decides they will deny the ship entry.  Do you give advance notice to the 15 to say your trip is canceled, or do you risk having your ships filled with passengers floating around?  It's not companies faults that these things happened but between travel companies, airlines etc, they did need to respond and basically protect the majority, and not just a few such as the poster.  Plus China locked the area down, and everyone is asking why?  So until more info was gathered, I would say that it was the temporary right thing to do.  It wasn't a punishment, but a precaution that was made with the advice of many sources.  I'm glad the poster can now travel, but this was all related.  It was certainly not an overkill, just a period where more data can be obtained. 

11 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

It's mostly over the restrictions, but it was apples to apples.  So you have a tour group of 15 Chinese citizens board a ship, at one of the many international ports.  When the ship leaves the next country decides they will deny the ship entry.  Do you give advance notice to the 15 to say your trip is canceled, or do you risk having your ships filled with passengers floating around?  It's not companies faults that these things happened but between travel companies, airlines etc, they did need to respond and basically protect the majority, and not just a few such as the poster.  Plus China locked the area down, and everyone is asking why?  So until more info was gathered, I would say that it was the temporary right thing to do.  It wasn't a punishment, but a precaution that was made with the advice of many sources.  I'm glad the poster can now travel, but this was all related.  It was certainly not an overkill, just a period where more data can be obtained. 

Currently there's only one Royal Caribbean ship that travels to any country with restrictions on Chinese passport holder passengers. And that's Quantum sailing out of Singapore. Rest of sailings around the world wouldn't run into these issues of countries not allowing ship to dock due to Chinese nationals being onboard. They all have the same restrictions of not traveling to Asia in the past X amount of days. So Royal could really just put the travel ban on one ship instead fleetwide. If Royal really wants to be lazy about it, they could easily say U.S. based sailings will allow Chinese passengers who haven't been to Asia while so and so region have more restrictions. They still wouldn't have to go ship by ship. The whole fleetwide thing was just insane. There's already no way a group of Chinese tourists can even enter the US right now let alone come here and get on a cruise ship, as of Sunday 2/2/20

Edited by Jzx1103