Encore port location in San Juan - anyone know?

XuGator

I read that many ships dock in Old San Juan but some larger ships dock in the Pan American pier that is a few miles outside the city and a taxi is required to get to Old SJ. Does anyone know where the Encore docks? I cant find a port schedule listing the exact location and hoping we can just walk into Old San Juan. Thank you!

2 hours ago, XuGator said:

I read that many ships dock in Old San Juan but some larger ships dock in the Pan American pier that is a few miles outside the city and a taxi is required to get to Old SJ. Does anyone know where the Encore docks? I cant find a port schedule listing the exact location and hoping we can just walk into Old San Juan. Thank you!

No guarantee, but normally NCL ships making port calls use Old San Juan, while NCL cruises starting or ending in San Juan use the Pan American terminal.

• Like 1

During port calls, 99% of the ships dock at the Old San Juan pier. The exception would be a VERY congested port in which all 6 available berths in Old San Juan are occupied, then they move the remaining ship to the Pan Am pier. This is very, very rare for port calls. Some Sundays on high (winter) season might have a full house on the bay with 3-4 ships sailing from OSJ with a few others just visiting. But if just stopping by, you'll most likely be docking in OSJ.

• Like 1

Satellite Map image LINK:

https://www.google.com/maps/@18.4584909,-66.1060498,3793m/data=!3m1!1e3

Pan-Am pier in center right - look a little left and up to the Old Town piers

For having shore excursions and old town activity the Old Town piers are prime

the Pan-AM pier is not terribly convenient consider it an industrial zone.

On 2/10/2020 at 11:11 AM, XuGator said:

We docked at Old San Juan on our Encore cruise. 

Ships like the Epic use the Pan American pier for embarkation and disembarkation/customs. 

image.thumb.png.704fdef00c72a4dfb690821d25f1d097.pngimage.thumb.png.d7906568622120bcd1e32aa6a22a26e3.png

image.thumb.png.9b34abc8fb475bbe75a17e44b899d03e.pngimage.thumb.png.43d9d496d693eedb438f6d3ed7bebabd.png

• Like 1