Platinum Guest - Pre buy wifi or wait til on ship?

lescas

The 59.00 for a week of wifi is a bargain, should I wait till on board and use my Platinum minutes in exchange for WiFi package? Has anyone tried this? We are on the regal next week. Thanks, Lescas 

Edited by lescas

12 minutes ago, lescas said:

The 59.00 for a week of wifi is a bargain, I am should I wait till on board and use my Platinum minutes in exchange for WiFi package? Has anyone tried this? We are on the regal next week. Thanks, Lescas 

Here are the great comparison charts created by Steelers36 which reflects both of my MedallionNet experiences & once I exchanged my free minutes to purchase an unlimited single device package onboard using complimentary OBC.

6AF506F4-3433-4464-967B-D4F16CB17209.jpeg

F2DD21CA-6D2A-4632-8A2C-EEBDA6B4B438.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, lescas said:

The 59.00 for a week of wifi is a bargain, should I wait till on board and use my Platinum minutes in exchange for WiFi package? Has anyone tried this? We are on the regal next week. Thanks, Lescas 

On my last cruise there was a notice on the first or second day's Patter offering the $60 for our 10 day cruise. I jumped on it. I THOUGHT the offer was only for Platinum members, which I am, but since it was in the Patter, who knows? Maybe they had a special Patter depending on your loyalty status?

I have heard from several people it makes sense to wait until you board to sign up. Using our "free" WiFi minutes is a huge PITA as you'll have to log on, do your business and log off immediately to conserve the minutes. For me that was just too much work; paying $6 a day and not have that hassle was worth it.

Doug

13 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

On my last cruise there was a notice on the first or second day's Patter offering the $60 for our 10 day cruise. I jumped on it. I THOUGHT the offer was only for Platinum members, which I am, but since it was in the Patter, who knows? Maybe they had a special Patter depending on your loyalty status?

I have heard from several people it makes sense to wait until you board to sign up. Using our "free" WiFi minutes is a huge PITA as you'll have to log on, do your business and log off immediately to conserve the minutes. For me that was just too much work; paying $6 a day and not have that hassle was worth it.

Doug

Anything in the Patter should be for the general population, unless otherwise stated.  I guess you would need to check the wording carefully.  Also, perhaps it was something for remainder of cruise, beginning on the following day since Patter's come out at night?  Whatever, anyone who is Platinum or Elite should always wait until on board and then book internet package.