Hotel Feedback and guidance

knsky

Hello All,

We will be in Copenhagen in July 2020 and just booked a 2 night pre-cruise stay at Cabinn Copenhagen. Would love to hear from any one who have stayed there before. Appreciate any guidance on the easiest mode of transportation to hotel from airport and then hotel to cruise port. We are sailing on NCL. Thank you in advacne for any guidance and feedback.

Cabinn Copenhagen

1 Arni Magnussons Gade, Vesterbro, Copenhagen, 1577, Denmark

I haven't stayed there before, but I have stayed at the nearby Tivoli Hotel. I don't recommend taxis are they are quite expensive and public transportation is very easy . . . if you can manage your own luggage. We took the train from the airport to the Central Station (on the Copenhagen Card) -- very easy -- and then walked -- only 15 minutes but not so easy over some cobblestones, take the bus if available. Trains and buses can also get you to the port. Which port?

7 hours ago, knsky said:

Hello All,

We will be in Copenhagen in July 2020 and just booked a 2 night pre-cruise stay at Cabinn Copenhagen. Would love to hear from any one who have stayed there before. Appreciate any guidance on the easiest mode of transportation to hotel from airport and then hotel to cruise port. We are sailing on NCL. Thank you in advacne for any guidance and feedback.

Cabinn Copenhagen

1 Arni Magnussons Gade, Vesterbro, Copenhagen, 1577, Denmark

We are on the same cruise in June.  Have been doing a lot of research.  For what it's worth, Rick Steves recommends Cabinn as a good bargain but warns that rooms are seriously TINY.   I, too, think a lot depends on if you can handle your luggage.  If you can, definitely take the train from the airport (15 minutes - be sure and buy a 3 zone ticket if you are not getting the Copenhagen Card) as cabs are very expensive.  That hotel is on the far side of the tracks so I'd check on the exact walking route. The ship will leave from Oceankaj.  It's way too far to walk and not directly served by the metro.  From Copenhagen's main station you can take either the Metro or S-train to Norreport Station.  Bus 25 starts from Norreport Station (short walk down the block) and goes to Oceankaj.  NCL docks at Terminal 1, which is close to where the bus lets you off.  The bus may be crowded so, again, if you have mega luggage you may be better off with a cab.  Alternatively you can take the Metro to Osterport Station and take Bus 27 to Oceankaj.  I have gotten advice that it is best to go early as the busses may be crowded.  I was told that traffic approaching Oceankaj is terrible because of construction so the bus is still the best option if your luggage is manageable.  You may also want to check the port schedule to see how many ships are in port the day your are embarking. 

44 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

The ship will leave from Oceankaj.  It's way too far to walk and not directly served by the metro.  From Copenhagen's main station you can take either the Metro or S-train to Norreport Station.  Bus 25 starts from Norreport Station (short walk down the block) and goes to Oceankaj.  NCL docks at Terminal 1, which is close to where the bus lets you off.  The bus may be crowded so, again, if you have mega luggage you may be better off with a cab.  Alternatively you can take the Metro to Osterport Station and take Bus 27 to Oceankaj.  I have gotten advice that it is best to go early as the busses may be crowded.  I was told that traffic approaching Oceankaj is terrible because of construction so the bus is still the best option if your luggage is manageable.  You may also want to check the port schedule to see how many ships are in port the day your are embarking. 

This is the old route to Oceankaj. The M4 metro opens in the spring, and Danish Viking will update everyone as to the new routes to the ship.

2 hours ago, gnome12 said:

This is the old route to Oceankaj. The M4 metro opens in the spring, and Danish Viking will update everyone as to the new routes to the ship.

The M4 is scheduled to open on March 28th but it will only go to Orientkaj, not all the way to Oceankaj.  I think there are plans to eventually extend it to Oceankaj but for this season I believe the bus is still the way to go.  As you say, Danish Viking will be along and he is certainly the authority on all things Copenhagen.  (BTW, Thank You, Danish Viking!)

9 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

The M4 is scheduled to open on March 28th but it will only go to Orientkaj, not all the way to Oceankaj.  I think there are plans to eventually extend it to Oceankaj but for this season I believe the bus is still the way to go.  As you say, Danish Viking will be along and he is certainly the authority on all things Copenhagen.  (BTW, Thank You, Danish Viking!)

Travelling2some, Thank you for your valuable guidance. Yes, Danish Viking is indeed full of good information! I appreciate it all, Nancy

13 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

We are on the same cruise in June.  Have been doing a lot of research.  For what it's worth, Rick Steves recommends Cabinn as a good bargain but warns that rooms are seriously TINY.   I, too, think a lot depends on if you can handle your luggage.  If you can, definitely take the train from the airport (15 minutes - be sure and buy a 3 zone ticket if you are not getting the Copenhagen Card) as cabs are very expensive.  That hotel is on the far side of the tracks so I'd check on the exact walking route. The ship will leave from Oceankaj.  It's way too far to walk and not directly served by the metro.  From Copenhagen's main station you can take either the Metro or S-train to Norreport Station.  Bus 25 starts from Norreport Station (short walk down the block) and goes to Oceankaj.  NCL docks at Terminal 1, which is close to where the bus lets you off.  The bus may be crowded so, again, if you have mega luggage you may be better off with a cab.  Alternatively you can take the Metro to Osterport Station and take Bus 27 to Oceankaj.  I have gotten advice that it is best to go early as the busses may be crowded.  I was told that traffic approaching Oceankaj is terrible because of construction so the bus is still the best option if your luggage is manageable.  You may also want to check the port schedule to see how many ships are in port the day your are embarking. 

Have a wonderful cruise. Hope top hear about it when you get back! :)

12 hours ago, gnome12 said:

Thank you! I will keep an eye out for Danish Viking's updates!

16 hours ago, trosebery said:

I haven't stayed there before, but I have stayed at the nearby Tivoli Hotel. I don't recommend taxis are they are quite expensive and public transportation is very easy . . . if you can manage your own luggage. We took the train from the airport to the Central Station (on the Copenhagen Card) -- very easy -- and then walked -- only 15 minutes but not so easy over some cobblestones, take the bus if available. Trains and buses can also get you to the port. Which port?

Our ship is leaving from Oceankaj. I think that we will be using public transportation as well since the kids are now a bit older and adheres to my one carry per person rule! Hahaha

Cabinn Copenhagen is brand new so there is not that many reviews to choose from and its the first time its open during the cruise season.

So unless some members has been on a land trip during the fall and winter then Cruise critic is not the best source. 

Bus 7A stops just outside the hotel and it only takes 5 minutes from the central station and it goes every 7-8th minute. 

Use the Tivoli Hotel bus stop. 

• Thanks 1