Hotel Casablanca

yvrbos

I am looking for a 1 night pre-cruise hotel. Based on some of the reviews on these boards, the Hotel Casablanca seems like it might be a good choice. I read that there were problems with their elevator. That would be a problem for us as my sister has hip problems.

Any thoughts? What was your experience like?

We have stayed at the Casablanca 4 times, in fact we are leaving for a cruise next week and will be staying there again.  We have never experienced elevator problems.  Not saying they don't happen, just that we lucked out and never had it happen to us.  Were these reports written after the recent earthquakes?  There were frequent power outages during this time, It would make sense that the elevator would be down.  We stayed in the months after Hurricane Maria and there were power outages every day.  What time of the year is your cruise?  The Casa Blanca requires a minimum of 2 nights over the weekend during   the peak season.  They do not say this on their web-site, instead it will just say that the hotel is fully booked for the dates you chose. 

The elevators are relatively new.  No problems with them last week.   Great little bar there.   It's an old building so expect small rooms and bathrooms in most of the rooms.  We never had any power issues.  Our AC was great.  We had plenty of hot water.

On 2/14/2020 at 8:24 PM, yvrbos said:

I am looking for a 1 night pre-cruise hotel. Based on some of the reviews on these boards, the Hotel Casablanca seems like it might be a good choice. I read that there were problems with their elevator. That would be a problem for us as my sister has hip problems.

Any thoughts? What was your experience like?

Aslo consider Milano which has a very good, and reasonably priced, rooftop restaurant.

Hi all!

I just stayed there Feb 4 & 5th & there were no problems with the elevator. There was a brief power outage one day.

I really liked the hotel & the little bar area/ pub. The bath tubs on the roof looked neat & there was such a great view from up there. I saw Carnival Breeze & a couple other ships from there. It's so close to lots of sights & right on Fortaleza where the umbrellas used to be, but now there's a giant USA flag like a canopy & the home of the Pina Colada.

Go out the front door & turn left to the corner then go right up hill & there'll be a BK, a lovely Church & across the road a very popular bakery where you can get coffee & an original PR pastry, much cheaper than the hotel breakfast.

Can you tell I loved my stay in San Juan?!! Down closer to the port there's a childrens' park partially funded by Carnival, I found that to be interesting & good for them.

My one regret was not booking a boat trip to the bioluminescent bay but maybe another time.😉 A lady I met on the cruise did it & wore a sunscreen type sweater which she said the blue particles attached themselves too, how neat!!

Hope this helps.

~ Jo ~ 😊