MSC Seaside Miami Disembarkation

amurray88

Hello All,

I'm going on the Seaside June into July. I'm booking transport from Miami up to Orlando for afterwards but need to know what time I can expect to be standing in Miami having got off the boat?

I've never done MSC before however I realise the itinerary says 7am it'll arrive in Miami.

Will I be able to get off at 7am? I'm just in a general inside cabin if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Anthony

There are many things that can delay your disembarkation.

We have experienced several.

Problems with the ship, customs, and twice, either a very ill person or someone had an accident.

They will be taken off the ship first and loaded into an ambulance, Until the ambulance pulls away, no one else gets off.

Thanks folks. I understand that there's always the small possibility that things will go wrong....the boat could sink and we could end up not making Orlando at all (hopefully won't happen). However, my hope is that judging by replies I should be fairly safe booking transport for around 11am. 👍 Thank you all

On 2/15/2020 at 12:42 PM, amurray88 said:

Thanks folks. I understand that there's always the small possibility that things will go wrong....the boat could sink and we could end up not making Orlando at all (hopefully won't happen). However, my hope is that judging by replies I should be fairly safe booking transport for around 11am. 👍 Thank you all

Another data point...we just left Seaside Saturday at 730am (could have left as early as 715 or so) and were outside calling for a Lyft about 815am. We could have made it by 8am, but were slowed down by some people we chose to leave with.

You should be fine 🙂 

1 hour ago, Markanddonna said:

There were several times, that disembarkation was stopped on Feb 15 because of backups through customs and immigration. Go early or very late. It takes about 40 minutes. 

This is an excellent point. We were on Divina the week before and had this exact thing happen. We waited until the end to get off and several times they stopped because of the backups.

Markanddonna...were you in the YC then? We met some people from Columbus there...

On 2/15/2020 at 9:53 AM, Shippy said:

There are many things that can delay your disembarkation.

We have experienced several.

Problems with the ship, customs, and twice, either a very ill person or someone had an accident.

They will be taken off the ship first and loaded into an ambulance, Until the ambulance pulls away, no one else gets off.

We just were delayed on another line for 4 hours and disembarked at 1:30. And the ship.only held 678 pax. 

On 2/15/2020 at 9:42 AM, amurray88 said:

My bet is that the SEASIDE will NEVER make it to Orlando!!!  That's a bit too far inland from the ocean for it to be feasible 😁

On 2/17/2020 at 2:18 PM, alyssamma said:

This is an excellent point. We were on Divina the week before and had this exact thing happen. We waited until the end to get off and several times they stopped because of the backups.

Markanddonna...were you in the YC then? We met some people from Columbus there...

No, we were in steerage.