Cabin Bidding

CruisinNewbie11

I would like to know if someone made a reservation 37 days out from a cruise, paid in full, would they be eligible for bidding for an upgrade?  I made a reservation today for an inside, and would like an opportunity to bid for balcony or above if available.  I know it depends on availabilty, but was curious if this has happened to anyone else.  TIA

1 hour ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

I would like to know if someone made a reservation 37 days out from a cruise, paid in full, would they be eligible for bidding for an upgrade?  I made a reservation today for an inside, and would like an opportunity to bid for balcony or above if available.  I know it depends on availabilty, but was curious if this has happened to anyone else.  TIA

If you are eligible to bid, you’ll see the upgrade on your MyNCL home page in a couple of days. 

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If you are eligible to bid, you’ll see the upgrade on your MyNCL home page in a couple of days. 

When you login to your NCL account MyNCL - there usually is a slide screen page one of which will have

'LET'S GET YOU UPGRADED'

Follow the prompts to view the program and what is available.

Not seeing this page and no other email communication you can call NCL and inquire about upgrading

directly without bidding - careful about preserving any offers perks bonuses OBC from your existing reservation -

upgrading you may lose them or get new ones.

Look at the fare for the open balcony cabins and what you paid and make a reasonable offer you can

afford and live with and see what happens.

Before making that call review the fare structure over the past view days (you are watching of course)

and get an idea of what might pass - avoid paying full retail for that cabin - you could have done that in the first place. 

2 hours ago, GirlWriter said:

I don't remember the number of days out, but we have gotten the bidding invitation email after final payment.

Usual Bidding/Upgrading invite happens at 80 days before sailing that is if the Final payment is done at 90

or 120 days from sailing.

Noted that with less then 80 days before sailing and then purchasing the cruise - the invite may happen

right away - soon - or not at all - check your MyNCL account. 

1 minute ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

Thanks to all for your responses.  FYI, I received an invitation to bid less than 24 hrs after I booked!  Offered to bid on balcony, mini suite, and spa suite.  Keeping fingers crossed!

Take a screen shot for us . I’d like to see where you booked an inside cabin and were able to bid all the way up to a spa suite. That would be a first and won’t believe it until I see it. I’ve bid several times and that isn’t an option as the NCL terms and conditions state two categories from your inside. I’m not buying it .........

Since some of you are people who "doubt," and I am new to all of this, I will tell you that I was offered bids on the following:  Spa mini suite with balcony, mini suite with balcony, spa balcony, and balcony.  Sorry if I misled, just got confused.  But, really, no one calls me a liar! 

No need to screen shot.  I just explained and wrote what I was offered to bid on.  Like I previously said, I am new to bidding, and really don't know the difference between mini, spa, etc.  If I made a mistake, sorry.    Again, I was offered:  spa mini suite with balcony, mini suite with balcony, spa suite with balcony and balcony.  What the difference is, I don't know, but I am happy to have been given the opportunity to bid.  Sorry if my prior posting was harsh, just not used to being  subjected to an interrogation.  My original reservation is for an inside cabin, no ocean view.  That's all I have to give for info.

4 minutes ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

No need to screen shot.  I just explained and wrote what I was offered to bid on.  Like I previously said, I am new to bidding, and really don't know the difference between mini, spa, etc.  If I made a mistake, sorry.    Again, I was offered:  spa mini suite with balcony, mini suite with balcony, spa suite with balcony and balcony.  What the difference is, I don't know, but I am happy to have been given the opportunity to bid.  Sorry if my prior posting was harsh, just not used to being  subjected to an interrogation.  My original reservation is for an inside cabin, no ocean view.  That's all I have to give for info.

Well if that is the case that’s pretty good. Perhaps NCL has made changes to the bidding process or maybe it varies from ship to ship now based on inventory. I apologize for coming across as critical as I’ve never seen, read, or experienced an offer to bid on so many categories up so high to a spa suite from a simple inside cabin. Good luck with your bids. 

Edited by tallnthensome

12 minutes ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

Are you booked on the Epic? That ship has no oceanview cabins, so 2 categories would include balcony, spa balconies, and mini suites.

• Like 1

Not sure what to say.  Yes, I am on the Epic.  I received 4 bidding offers:  Spa mini suite with balcony, mini suite with balcony, spa balcony, and balcony.  I have been on Epic a number of times, never had bid offer.  Have stayed in studio, inside, and balcony. I know nothing else about any other category.  CC members know far more than I about the bidding, and I appreciate all the input.  I don't know what else to tell you except what I was offered.  On to other things.....

1 hour ago, CruisinNewbie11 said:

Not sure what to say.  Yes, I am on the Epic.  I received 4 bidding offers:  Spa mini suite with balcony, mini suite with balcony, spa balcony, and balcony.  I have been on Epic a number of times, never had bid offer.  Have stayed in studio, inside, and balcony. I know nothing else about any other category.  CC members know far more than I about the bidding, and I appreciate all the input.  I don't know what else to tell you except what I was offered.  On to other things.....

That explains why you were able to bid higher than a regular balcony. Epic is the only ship, that I know of, in the NCL lineup, that does not have oceanview cabins. 

Good luck with your bids! 🙂

3 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Well if that is the case that’s pretty good. Perhaps NCL has made changes to the bidding process or maybe it varies from ship to ship now based on inventory. I apologize for coming across as critical as I’ve never seen, read, or experienced an offer to bid on so many categories up so high to a spa suite from a simple inside cabin. Good luck with your bids. 

Epic has no ocean views, which is probably what ship the op is one that's why they are getting balcony and mini suite offers