Pinnacle Grill Question

HELENPSL

I think I know the answer to this question but just want to know for sure.  We will be a group of 8 people and my SO and I are the only 4* mariners.  If I charge the entire bill on my ship card will we all benefit from the 50% discount or will they charge the other people full price?  Never done this before.  Thanks!

Helen

The answers you get will be varied.  I've done it successfully (several years ago) but others have reported not being able to do so.  I will be trying it again this upcoming week.

What I suggest you do is make (and pay) the reservation now for your party.  You'll have to pay in full, without the 50% discount.  Onboard, on your folio, you should see a loyalty discount for the 50%.  It may be there within a day or two of embarkation, it may be delayed until after dining.  This is what I did for our large group 7 years ago and it worked.  

We embark today and have our first specialty dining tomorrow so will try to report back but this time we're only a party of three, with the third person being a 1 star Mariner.

I did it successfully two years ago following the same procedure as Alberta Quilter.  I pre-booked and received the discount on board.  There were only 4 of us at the table though and had I been charged for my friends’ dinner full price I would have paid it.  

Others have reported that when they have gone to the PG and hosted only those who were entitled by their Mariner status got the discount.  

Technically speaking the Mariner discount is not to be shared so what has been reported of late is correct.  

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Technically speaking the Mariner discount is not to be shared so what has been reported of late is correct.  

I fully agree with Kazu. Up to now I always booked on board when hosting children, friends etc. and we always got the 25 and later the 50% without asking (of course).  To be honest: I donot need it, but appreciate it very much. 

We prepaid on the website for 4 dinners in Pinnacle.  We are 4 star, and our friends were 2 star.   Upon boarding,  when I checked our cabin account on Navigator and we received 4 "loyalty credits" of 50% of the cost of a PG dinner. 

1 hour ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Update. We ate at Canaletto last night. Today when I checked our account, we received the loyalty discounts for both our Canaletto and PG dinners for all three of us. We’ll be at the PG tomorrow night. 

Thanks for the updated information.  

Helen