Booking cruise before the wedding, name change question

steff613

It's been almost 7 long years since my  last cruise! I'm going to introduce my soon to be husband to the "addiction" but am unsure how to book. Do I just book under what my name will be or what it currently is? I know no changes are allowed after booking but I really don't want to book with my current name!

14 minutes ago, steff613 said:

It's been almost 7 long years since my  last cruise! I'm going to introduce my soon to be husband to the "addiction" but am unsure how to book. Do I just book under what my name will be or what it currently is? I know no changes are allowed after booking but I really don't want to book with my current name!

When we went on our honeymoon it was the day after our wedding.  DW booked with her pre-wed name because it was what is on her ID.  I would say book with whatever name will be on your ID (passport/birth cert)

11 minutes ago, ncovert said:

When we went on our honeymoon it was the day after our wedding.  DW booked with her pre-wed name because it was what is on her ID.  I would say book with whatever name will be on your ID (passport/birth cert)

^^^^^^This. Good, sound advice. 

• Like 1

It’s going take a few months to get ALL of your ID’s, credit cards, passports, etc changed to your new name should you decide to go that route.

Book the honeymoon cruise in your maiden name, enjoy the honeymoon, then worry about the small stuff when you return.

Congrats, have a great cruise, and an even better life together.

Edited by klfrodo

Agree with all the previous comments to book under whatever name is on your identification docs (passport, etc.). Our DD and her husband did exactly that AFTER they were married since her passport was in her maiden name and even though they took a copy of their marriage certificate, they had no issues whatsoever. To the OP: why don't you want to book with your current (presumably maiden) name?

6 hours ago, steff613 said:

I agree with all of the above members. Best advice 👍

20200216-152545.png

Carnival Travel Documentation located @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1405/~/travel-documentation%3A-non-u.s.-citizens

I don't see it mentioned it above, but we found out after the window - if you are purchasing the passport for this trip, know that it is free for one year after getting the passport to change it to your new married name. If it's been longer than 90 days you'll need to take new pictures.

Fill out form DS-5504 on this page.