Platinum vouchers: You're allowed to take crew members to specialty restaurants

fstuff1

I'm Platinum Plus and I just found out that you can use your free Platinum dining voucher on a crew member. 😮 

You still have to clear it with his/her chain of command because a majority of crew are not allowed to set foot in specialty restaurants.

On the Joy, you can substitute La Cuchina with Food Republic with each person allowed $35 worth of ala cart food items.

So you can invite 2 crew members because it's unlikely 2 people can finish off $70 worth of food there.

(I'm currently on the Joy, sailing solo.

Found out this info in the solo meetings from another solo.)

Edited by fstuff1

That's interesting information, for sure.  Is it possible to just gift them the voucher, or do they have to dine with you?  Seems like it might be a little awkward if you are required to dine with them (or they you) since the chances of knowing the crew in that sort of intimate way seems slim.

13 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

That's interesting information, for sure.  Is it possible to just gift them the voucher, or do they have to dine with you?  Seems like it might be a little awkward if you are required to dine with them (or they you) since the chances of knowing the crew in that sort of intimate way seems slim.

I'm assuming yes.

Much like you can't gift the vouchers to other passengers.

Else what's to stop people from just selling their vouchers

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

You have to dine with them.  I have done it a number of times on different Norwegian ships.

As a result of being a Vacation Hero, they can dine in the Specialty restaurants.  Officers often in in a group in the Specialty restaurants-- or take passenger guests. 

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Seems like it might be a little awkward if you are required to dine with them (or they you) since the chances of knowing the crew in that sort of intimate way seems slim.

One of the reasons the thread about officers and crew thrives is that people find certain people they interact with to be wonderful and really helped to make their experience enjoyable during the cruise so they want to know where they'll be so they can try to plan a cruise on a ship with them.  I know some people that are part of a full-on "fan club" for (I think) a CD on another cruise line and have been on a few cruises with that CD on the ship.

I actually have a few crew members I'd like to be on a cruise with again, and as I get closer to planning another trip I'm going to ask if people know what ship they're on to see if that coincides with something I'm interested in.

• Like 4