Wedding

Alana79

I know NCL offers wedding packages, but is it possible to just have a ceremony and nothing else? Not interested in any of the packages offered, just looking for a quick ceremony with only 2 friends (booked passengers) to attend. 

21 minutes ago, Alana79 said:

I know NCL offers wedding packages, but is it possible to just have a ceremony and nothing else? Not interested in any of the packages offered, just looking for a quick ceremony with only 2 friends (booked passengers) to attend. 

One of your friends can get licensed online to marry people. If they can't do it in international waters, they could do it before you leave your embarkation port (if that is in the US).

10 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

One of your friends can get licensed online to marry people. If they can't do it in international waters, they could do it before you leave your embarkation port (if that is in the US).

Interesting. I haven’t thought of that. We’re Canadian, would that matter I wonder? 

18 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

It looks like NCL has set packages. The basic ones don't really include a reception, but do include some extras beyond the ceremony like a cake, specialty dining meal, etc. Clicking around it looks like the cheapest you can get will be around $3k. 

Yea I don’t want to spend anything close to that much. We don’t want anything except the ceremony. 

31 minutes ago, Alana79 said:

Yea I don’t want to spend anything close to that much. We don’t want anything except the ceremony. 

Then you'll likely have to figure out something off ship. (Part of the package price is having the company deal with the complexities of the marriage license and legalities.) Though I wouldn't expect it to be super cheap in any of the ports you stop either. Don't forget since you're Canadian you'd have to figure out what to do to have the marriage be legal since it took place in another country. 

56 minutes ago, Alana79 said:

Interesting. I haven’t thought of that. We’re Canadian, would that matter I wonder? 

Google Canada Marriage Laws Universal Life Church. You can get licensed online. But I don't know if you can marry a couple in another country--I did not look into that. Good luck!

No, a person licensed to perform marriages in Canada cannot perform them in another country.  Also, most cruise ship weddings are done in port by an officiant of that port.  NCL, having its ships registered in the Bahamas, can have Captains apply for certification to perform weddings at sea, but it is voluntary for the Captain (not all Bahamian Captains can do ceremonies), and currently at sea weddings are only done on the Bliss, Breakaway, Epic, Escape, and Getaway.

• Like 1