Jump to content

Any recent Weddings on board?


thjeepster
 Share

Recommended Posts

We are getting married May 30th 2022 on Caribbean Princess. Princess cruise line. Our first stop is Princesses private island on Sun, day before the wedding, then St. Thomas the day after the wedding on Tuesday, and finally St. Kitts on Thursday which i'm very excited about. It's a 7 day cruise Sat to Sat so there's a few sea days as well. 

 

We actually mailed out the invites yesterday afternoon with an RSVP date of March 1st. This gives those who haven't booked yet time to do so, and make plans with work, etc. We sent 22 total. Of those we expect several no's and estimate a head count between 10-16 people. But who knows. Time will tell, right? 

 

There's just a few more things for you both the get through, I can understand your fiance' being so nervous.  You've come such a long way!!

I'm sending you positive vibes everything works out great  🤞

 

Edited by runner2013
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 6:55 PM, runner2013 said:

We are getting married May 30th 2022 on Caribbean Princess. Princess cruise line. Our first stop is Princesses private island on Sun, day before the wedding, then St. Thomas the day after the wedding on Tuesday, and finally St. Kitts on Thursday which i'm very excited about. It's a 7 day cruise Sat to Sat so there's a few sea days as well. 

 

We actually mailed out the invites yesterday afternoon with an RSVP date of March 1st. This gives those who haven't booked yet time to do so, and make plans with work, etc. We sent 22 total. Of those we expect several no's and estimate a head count between 10-16 people. But who knows. Time will tell, right? 

 

There's just a few more things for you both the get through, I can understand your fiance' being so nervous.  You've come such a long way!!

I'm sending you positive vibes everything works out great  🤞

 

You will have an amazing wedding on Princess!  By May a lot should be better!

 

We are down to the final last 3 1/2 days!!!.....It's sooooo close!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Our wedding was amazing!!!

 

Having the time of our lives. 
 

The captain was so great and actually signed our wedding book too. 
 

having so much fun with honeymoon!!

Congratulations to you both!!!! enjoy your honeymoon 🥂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Well we are finally back. 
Sucks to be back but had an amazing time. 
 

just about everything was great but had a couple of minor hiccups. But nothing that ruined our experience!

Welcome back!!! 

So happy to read you had a great wedding.  What issues did you have , something easily rectified I hope?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Welcome back!!! 

So happy to read you had a great wedding.  What issues did you have , something easily rectified I hope?

Thank you!!!

 

the ship was amazing and so clean and brand new!

 

Only issues we had were:

 

1. even thought we all had the same table for dinner (in the computer) all guest had other table assignments for dinner on their account cards and were sent to the 2nd floor for dinner on the first night. So I had to round everyone up to bring them back downstairs at our table.

 

2. We were given 2 bottles of champagne by our contact at the Executive office in Miami to be delivered to our room at checkin but never showed up. I then called and they said it would be at the MDR that night. Never showed up so I called again and they delivered that night with 12 chocolate covered strawberries also. 
 

3. Stateroom gifts were delivered to the wrong rooms. 
 

4. The rest of the cake was delivered to our stateroom after the wedding and someone broke the cake topper and used scotch tape to keep it together. 
 

other than that everything else was perfect!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Thank you!!!

 

the ship was amazing and so clean and brand new!

 

Only issues we had were:

 

1. even thought we all had the same table for dinner (in the computer) all guest had other table assignments for dinner on their account cards and were sent to the 2nd floor for dinner on the first night. So I had to round everyone up to bring them back downstairs at our table.

 

2. We were given 2 bottles of champagne by our contact at the Executive office in Miami to be delivered to our room at checkin but never showed up. I then called and they said it would be at the MDR that night. Never showed up so I called again and they delivered that night with 12 chocolate covered strawberries also. 
 

3. Stateroom gifts were delivered to the wrong rooms. 
 

4. The rest of the cake was delivered to our stateroom after the wedding and someone broke the cake topper and used scotch tape to keep it together. 
 

other than that everything else was perfect!

Bummer about the cake topper, but glad to hear you got the other issues straightened out .. 

 

Now that you're back, do you have any advice or tips for things we should be aware of ? 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Apollonia14 said:

 

That's not funny, boblerm!

Apollonia14, I am very sorry to hear about the end of your engagement, but I don't know if you should be painting all dentists with such a broad brush, just because your former intended is a cad. 

 

Also, perhaps you should consider taking the high road and not defame the hygienist as you move forward. 

 

I wish you all the best, and I hope that you find your true love. As my Mom used to say, "things happen for a reason" 

 

SmartSelect_20211031-151503_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e7e715f1ade0f35386068d154990bd60.jpg

P. S. Are you still going on the cruise? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Apollonia14 said:

 

Not if you're on it!
 
The Jerk Store called. They are overstocked on dentists.
 
 

So much for taking the high road. 

I am sorry that you have chosen this path. Nevertheless, I wish you all the best. 🥂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/26/2021 at 12:20 PM, runner2013 said:

Bummer about the cake topper, but glad to hear you got the other issues straightened out .. 

 

Now that you're back, do you have any advice or tips for things we should be aware of ? 

Thanks

I would advise to talk a lot to the onboard wedding coordinator once you get on the ship and go over all the details you want to have at the wedding!  Going in I thought I would be the one to have to clean up the wedding stuff around the venue (rose petals, candy favors, custom wine glasses, and etc.).

 

Scout out locations on the ship where you want to have pictures taken during the time you have with the photographer!.. We were lucky to get a spot saved by the wedding coordinator to go up in the North Star to have pics taken....it was amazing up there to do it!!!

 

If you have any other questions please ask!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 10:46 AM, thjeepster said:

I would advise to talk a lot to the onboard wedding coordinator once you get on the ship and go over all the details you want to have at the wedding!  Going in I thought I would be the one to have to clean up the wedding stuff around the venue (rose petals, candy favors, custom wine glasses, and etc.).

 

Scout out locations on the ship where you want to have pictures taken during the time you have with the photographer!.. We were lucky to get a spot saved by the wedding coordinator to go up in the North Star to have pics taken....it was amazing up there to do it!!!

 

If you have any other questions please ask!!!!

Hey there, 

Hope you two have been enjoying your newly married status and things are getting back to normal for you. 

I was hoping I could ask you another question about your ceremony and mask wearing. Did your bride have to wear a mask on the wedding day. If so, when? I'm concerned they will tell me I need one walking to the ceremony location, reception area, or to the restaurant for dinner.  I realize i'm on a different cruise line, (Princess) but i'm guessing they all pretty much follow the same protocols at this point. 

Thanks 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Hey there, 

Hope you two have been enjoying your newly married status and things are getting back to normal for you. 

I was hoping I could ask you another question about your ceremony and mask wearing. Did your bride have to wear a mask on the wedding day. If so, when? I'm concerned they will tell me I need one walking to the ceremony location, reception area, or to the restaurant for dinner.  I realize i'm on a different cruise line, (Princess) but i'm guessing they all pretty much follow the same protocols at this point. 

Thanks 

Hello again!

Everything is going great so far!!  Thinks are getting to be normal again!

 

How is the planning going for you?

 

She wore her mask up to get her hair done and makeup for the morning of the wedding, but once that was done she used one of those face shields (but didn't put it over her hair and head....just kinda held it in front of her face) to come back to the room.  I didn't get to see her since I was getting ready in my dad's cabin.

I think she said she used that face shield again to come down from the room to the Library for the ceremony.

 

When we went around the ship (inside and out) to take the pics with the photographer we never used our masks and nothing was said to us......The staff and people kinda catered to us since we were married and said nothing but "Congrats" lol

 

I think you will be fine for keeping the mask off.....or maybe get a face shield type to just cover you mouth and nose area.

 

We have another cruise going out Jan. 21st (only a 3 night) so we can kinda use the time as a real honeymoon because my bride said she couldn't enjoy the ship and the private island much (for the first 3 days) because she spent alot of time in the spa doing her hair (she had a halo hair extension for the wedding), had a keratin treatment, and the day of the wedding spent 3 hours for nails , hair, and makeup....then on the private island she couldn't get a sun tan or burn because she didn't want lines for the wedding.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello there! 

So happy to read you are settling in to married life😉. It's great you're doing another cruise for just the two of you. You can have some of that alone time you couldn't have during the wedding. 

 

I think our planning is going well so far. We're 6 months out and just waiting for the RSVP's to come back and then i'll start the out of town gift bags. We reserved rooms for the hotel for the night  before in Florida, and have a good idea what we'd like as far as a cake, and first dance song(yikes-it's starting to feel real now).  I honestly feel like I should be a lot more stressed out about things. We did actually get all the paperwork and info the cruise line wanted taken care of months ago so maybe that has something to do with it. Our next big things are my first dress fitting in Jan and my guy getting measured for his suit. Once that happens I think it will start to feel more real to the both of us.

 

With everything happening right now with this new Covid strain and testing regulations I'm focusing more of my attention on that. I'm glad to read you weren't given a hard time for not wearing masks during your ceremony and pics, that's one of the few things I am worried about. I have no problem masking up after pics and dinner, but before that, I'm not ruining my makeup if I can help it.😁 I've still got 6 months to go, a lot can happen in that time.  Keeping my fingers crossed for the best outcome possible.

 

We're doing a 4 night cruise in Jan as well on Princess. We want to check out the line and see what it's like and what to expect as far as the restaurants and bars etc.  We're calling it a 'fact finding mission' but it's really just us wanting a vacation in the middle of winter. :}

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 12/2/2021 at 5:01 PM, runner2013 said:

Hello there! 

So happy to read you are settling in to married life😉. It's great you're doing another cruise for just the two of you. You can have some of that alone time you couldn't have during the wedding. 

 

I think our planning is going well so far. We're 6 months out and just waiting for the RSVP's to come back and then i'll start the out of town gift bags. We reserved rooms for the hotel for the night  before in Florida, and have a good idea what we'd like as far as a cake, and first dance song(yikes-it's starting to feel real now).  I honestly feel like I should be a lot more stressed out about things. We did actually get all the paperwork and info the cruise line wanted taken care of months ago so maybe that has something to do with it. Our next big things are my first dress fitting in Jan and my guy getting measured for his suit. Once that happens I think it will start to feel more real to the both of us.

 

With everything happening right now with this new Covid strain and testing regulations I'm focusing more of my attention on that. I'm glad to read you weren't given a hard time for not wearing masks during your ceremony and pics, that's one of the few things I am worried about. I have no problem masking up after pics and dinner, but before that, I'm not ruining my makeup if I can help it.😁 I've still got 6 months to go, a lot can happen in that time.  Keeping my fingers crossed for the best outcome possible.

 

We're doing a 4 night cruise in Jan as well on Princess. We want to check out the line and see what it's like and what to expect as far as the restaurants and bars etc.  We're calling it a 'fact finding mission' but it's really just us wanting a vacation in the middle of winter. :}

 

Hello Runner,

 

How is everything going with the planning?

 

Are you still going on the cruise this month?  When is it?

We are going out next Friday on the Freedom for our 2nd Honeymoon since we missed time together on our wedding cruise.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello Jeepster, 

Hope all is well with you and your bride.  

Planning is going well, all things considered. Going for my first 'official' dress fitting Saturday, sort of a wierd feeling. After that my guy has to purchase his suit, then it's hurry up and wait.  Final payment for cruise is end of Feb and RSVP's are due back first week of March. After that i'm guessing things will start to pick up. 

We are still going on our cruise Jan 26th. The Regal Princess from Ft. Lauderdale. We talked about it and decided we are good with wearing masks indoors and going with the flow as far as port stops and entertainment, etc. We don't care at this point, we just want to cruise. Our concerns now are the flights being canceled or delayed(we always fly into port the day before for this specific reason), and coming up positive when we do our Covid test. 

Glad to read you are still going on your trip as well. I love Freedom, was on her years ago and had a great time. Are you leaving from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami? 

Hopefully you have as much fun on this cruise as your wedding cruise. 

Here's hoping we all come up negative and actually get to go 🤞🤞

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Hello Jeepster, 

Hope all is well with you and your bride.  

Planning is going well, all things considered. Going for my first 'official' dress fitting Saturday, sort of a wierd feeling. After that my guy has to purchase his suit, then it's hurry up and wait.  Final payment for cruise is end of Feb and RSVP's are due back first week of March. After that i'm guessing things will start to pick up. 

We are still going on our cruise Jan 26th. The Regal Princess from Ft. Lauderdale. We talked about it and decided we are good with wearing masks indoors and going with the flow as far as port stops and entertainment, etc. We don't care at this point, we just want to cruise. Our concerns now are the flights being canceled or delayed(we always fly into port the day before for this specific reason), and coming up positive when we do our Covid test. 

Glad to read you are still going on your trip as well. I love Freedom, was on her years ago and had a great time. Are you leaving from Ft. Lauderdale or Miami? 

Hopefully you have as much fun on this cruise as your wedding cruise. 

Here's hoping we all come up negative and actually get to go 🤞🤞

Hello again!

 

Everything is going great with married life!!

She said the same thing about her dress fitting too.....but she loved it when she did do the fitting!

 

Yeah, once the final payment is done, the rest will go by pretty quickly!

How many guests are you thinking will come now?

 

Yeah, we leave on the 21st and are fine with the process...we did it all for the wedding cruise, so it should be much of a difference!  We decided if certain locations are too busy...like the theater or the pools, we will skip it and go enjoy our balcony!!  We did the Royal-Up Bid for a Junior Suite of only $50 each and just got the email saying our offer was accepted....so now we will want to spend more time in the room! lol

 

We are leaving from Miami...but we like Ft. Lauderdale better....but it's fine...it's still a cruise!  We have never done Freedom but we have done Indy and loved her.  Plus they just do a remodel and added tons of stuff!!

 

That sounds like fun for you too!!!....Regal!!...How many days is it?  Which ship is the wedding on again?

 

The whole at-home testing negative first....scares me!!!...all the waiting for that one test to be negitive! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are getting married on the Caribbean Princess. It leaves on May 28th and the wedding is the first sea day, May 30th.  According to my app its 4 months, 14 days and 21 hours until we sail. I remember when we first booked the trip and we had 16 months to wait. Nothing seemed real then, but now....😱

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2022 at 10:34 AM, thjeepster said:

Hello again!

 

Everything is going great with married life!!

She said the same thing about her dress fitting too.....but she loved it when she did do the fitting!

 

Yeah, once the final payment is done, the rest will go by pretty quickly!

How many guests are you thinking will come now?

 

Yeah, we leave on the 21st and are fine with the process...we did it all for the wedding cruise, so it should be much of a difference!  We decided if certain locations are too busy...like the theater or the pools, we will skip it and go enjoy our balcony!!  We did the Royal-Up Bid for a Junior Suite of only $50 each and just got the email saying our offer was accepted....so now we will want to spend more time in the room! lol

 

We are leaving from Miami...but we like Ft. Lauderdale better....but it's fine...it's still a cruise!  We have never done Freedom but we have done Indy and loved her.  Plus they just do a remodel and added tons of stuff!!

 

That sounds like fun for you too!!!....Regal!!...How many days is it?  Which ship is the wedding on again?

 

The whole at-home testing negative first....scares me!!!...all the waiting for that one test to be negitive! 

Hi Jeepster, 

I was going to send you some good vibes for your covid test and cruise. For some reason I thought you guys weren't leaving until the 26th and today would have been your test day. Since I haven't seen any posts saying you weren't able to go I'm assuming you're on board enjoying your 2nd honeymoon. 

Have a fantastic time. 

We get tested tomorrow and sail on the 27th. If all goes well tomorrow we fly out Wed morning and should be in Florida by 300pm or so. 🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2022 at 4:35 PM, runner2013 said:

Hi Jeepster, 

I was going to send you some good vibes for your covid test and cruise. For some reason I thought you guys weren't leaving until the 26th and today would have been your test day. Since I haven't seen any posts saying you weren't able to go I'm assuming you're on board enjoying your 2nd honeymoon. 

Have a fantastic time. 

We get tested tomorrow and sail on the 27th. If all goes well tomorrow we fly out Wed morning and should be in Florida by 300pm or so. 🤞

Hello

 

we had an amazing cruise. Got back on Monday. It was cold at night but warm during the day. 
 

hope you have a great time!!  Enjoy Florida too!!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 4/9/2022 at 3:56 PM, cpl100 said:

My son just booked his wedding on the Norwegian Joy for next September.  Any tips from prior brides and grooms?

Congratulations to you son!!, 

A few of us are at the home stretch for our weddings. 50 days for us and it's coming fast. 

As far as any tips, I would say, make sure they pay attention to what is. or is not. included in their package. There may be some areas the cruise line will give them a little 'wiggle room' for changes, but other areas they won't budge. 

Pay attention to all the paperwork the cruise line wants and get it to them sooner rather than later.

Keep a 'wedding book' of some sort with all important information they receive along the way, and triple check everything. (I have a big notebook with several tabs, each individually labeled for something different. ie:  Wedding ceremony info/ Cruise cabin info/  people sailing with us info etc. 

Write down every question they have and check off each question as it's answered.

Finally, I'd say plan on sending out the save the dates much earlier than you normally would for a land wedding. (we sent our std's out a year in advance and made sure to verbally tell people as soon as we decided on a ship and date.) People need a lot of time to plan ahead for work, kids, vacations, money etc. (we also have a wedding website, but we've found most people called us instead of reading what we put on it.)

Hope that helps!

P. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...