All Things Carnival Radiance

GeorgiaMomof4

We are booked on the Radiance for Thanksgiving week this year.  I really haven't seen a lot

of information yet on the Radiance unless I've just missed it.

Anyone have any information they want to share here? 

Looking forward to this cruise - we will be going to St. Kitts this trip which is our first time

there.

2 minutes ago, GeorgiaMomof4 said:

We are booked on the Radiance for Thanksgiving week this year.  I really haven't seen a lot

of information yet on the Radiance unless I've just missed it.

Anyone have any information they want to share here? 

Looking forward to this cruise - we will be going to St. Kitts this trip which is our first time

there.

Because it's a new redesign of a past ship (Victory). Nobody has sailed it yet.

https://www.carnival.com/carnival-radiance.aspx

It will pretty much be a duplicate of the Sunrise. We have a B2B booked starting 8/31 (Bermuda & New England Canada). Just announced that the Cruise Director will be Lee Mason, and the Entertainment Director will be Katie Eastham.:classic_cool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

It will pretty much be a duplicate of the Sunrise. We have a B2B booked starting 8/31 (Bermuda & New England Canada). Just announced that the Cruise Director will be Lee Mason, and the Entertainment Director will be Katie Eastham.:classic_cool:

Lee has been putting out a lot of good videos on fb recently.

• Like 1

The Victory was my first cruise ever and we had a great time on it. I will be doing the Sunrise in a few weeks, which should be very similar, and am super excited for it. Regardless of any flaws, I'm really glad to see them invest on keeping these ships relevant with new features.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Lee has been putting out a lot of good videos on fb recently.

Yep, I've been watching and hoping he would get the Radiance gig. We had him as CD on our Hawaii cruise,  and he was the reason we started going to the Morning Show. Great guy! 😎

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Yep, I've been watching and hoping he would get the Radiance gig. We had him as CD on our Hawaii cruise,  and he was the reason we started going to the Morning Show. Great guy! 😎

This is good to hear - I always enjoy a good CD.  I don't know anything about him though - I'll have to check

him out!

Gosh - I wish we were sailing with you two - I'd love to meet you and Patti! 

We're doing the Canada/New England itinerary from NYC on the Radiance in September (27th). Recently started following Lee on FB, then saw the announcement that he will be the CD on Radiance. Looks like we're going to have a great time!

8 minutes ago, GeorgiaMomof4 said:

This is good to hear - I always enjoy a good CD.  I don't know anything about him though - I'll have to check

him out!

Gosh - I wish we were sailing with you two - I'd love to meet you and Patti! 

One day Angela. I can see Glen and I chilling together at a husband Daycare facility! 😁

7 hours ago, airdale said:

We are booked on the Radiance over Thanksgiving also.  There is a ROLL CALL started already for the November 21 - 28 cruise.  Save me some dark meat and don't forget to pack your Pilgrim top hat.  

You can have all the dark meat - I’m a white meat person!  I’ve had to promise my crew that we would have our own Thanksgiving after we get back though.  The ships Thanksgiving meal just isn’t as good as one we fix at home I don’t  think!

I’ll have to check out the roll call!  Thank you.

Eying it in the spring of 2021.  Not so much for the ship but sails from Port Canaveral for an itinerary that I love.  But we are trying to get away from booking for far out, I dont thing we’ve booked less than a year out so far. 

On 2/20/2020 at 11:14 AM, Jamman54 said:

That’s a great reference! This will be our first Carnival cruise in many years, so I had no point of reference with these 2 entertainment leaders. 

The first cruisers that take a 6 - 8 day cruise on the Radiance...PLEASE, take some photos of the daily MDR menus...breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Also of the other food venues would be great also.  Of course photos of the "NEW" Radiance.  We can not wait!  Don

8 hours ago, airdale said:

The first cruisers that take a 6 - 8 day cruise on the Radiance...PLEASE, take some photos of the daily MDR menus...breakfast, lunch and dinner.  Also of the other food venues would be great also.  Of course photos of the "NEW" Radiance.  We can not wait!  Don

i'm on the may 21st. not the first cruise. but when i come back i'll post photos

• Like 1

Joebucks, seeing how you will be on the sunrise in a couple of weeks...will you be taking photos?  Is it a 6 -8 day cruise?  Any chance of taking the MDR daily menus and posting them and letting me know the link?  It would be really appreciated.   We haven't cruised for a few years and I would love a preview of the menus.  Need to get my saliva glans going.  

There is a ROLL CALL for anyone on the Nov 21 through the 29th.  Thanks!  Don

59 minutes ago, airdale said:

Joebucks, seeing how you will be on the sunrise in a couple of weeks...will you be taking photos?  Is it a 6 -8 day cruise?  Any chance of taking the MDR daily menus and posting them and letting me know the link?  It would be really appreciated.   We haven't cruised for a few years and I would love a preview of the menus.  Need to get my saliva glans going.  

There is a ROLL CALL for anyone on the Nov 21 through the 29th.  Thanks!  Don

I'm not Joebucks, but we did a B2B on the Sunrise last September. Here is a link to our review with plenty of pictures and includes Fun Times and menus.:classic_cool:

Our Carnival Sunrise B2B - September 2019

• Like 1