What is a PCC with HA?

boom_boom

10 minutes ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

I tried that link too...still haven't heard back from one of them 🤣

I was also told you can phone and ask one be assigned to you.

Oh that’s too bad.  Yes, definitely call them then.

All cruise lines have reservation clerks who generally spend their work day in a small cubicle dealing with phone calls, reservations, basic questions, etc.  These days it is possible that some of these folks are sometimes allowed to work from their home, but it is still the same job.  HAL came up with a very cute marketing gimmick and personalized some of these clerks.  So rather then calling a phone number and dealing with a stranger you have a chance to form a phone relationship with one person.  Many HAL cruisers like this set-up so it is a win-win. 

Personally we have no time for our PCC for two basis reasons.  1.  We cruise on many different lines and find it easier to build a relationship with one or two cruise experts that can handle all the lines and also give me some feedback from her customers regarding lots of lines/itineraries.  and 2.  We save 7-10 percent and more by using various cruise agencies.  If you mention this fact to most PCCs they will suggest you book with the PCC and later transfer the booking to a cruise agency.   We do not see any reason to complicate a simple booking with transfers.

What makes this life interesting is that folks can make their choices 🙂

Hank

8 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

All cruise lines have reservation clerks who generally spend their work day in a small cubicle dealing with phone calls, reservations, basic questions, etc.  These days it is possible that some of these folks are sometimes allowed to work from their home, but it is still the same job.  HAL came up with a very cute marketing gimmick and personalized some of these clerks.  So rather then calling a phone number and dealing with a stranger you have a chance to form a phone relationship with one person.  Many HAL cruisers like this set-up so it is a win-win. 

Personally we have no time for our PCC for two basis reasons.  1.  We cruise on many different lines and find it easier to build a relationship with one or two cruise experts that can handle all the lines and also give me some feedback from her customers regarding lots of lines/itineraries.  and 2.  We save 7-10 percent and more by using various cruise agencies.  If you mention this fact to most PCCs they will suggest you book with the PCC and later transfer the booking to a cruise agency.   We do not see any reason to complicate a simple booking with transfers.

What makes this life interesting is that folks can make their choices 🙂

Hank

I was wondering how long it would be ..

The OP asked WHAT a PCC was...not the merits of using one over a travel agent.  No reason for your sermon on why a TA is better

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CruisingAndDiving said:

I tried that link too...still haven't heard back from one of them 🤣

I was also told you can phone and ask one be assigned to you.

I should also mention... regularly check your junk mail folder just in case your spam filter diverts it there.  May have already been and gone by now though.

1 minute ago, *Miss G* said:

I should also mention... regularly check your junk mail folder just in case your spam filter diverts it there.  May have already been and gone by now though.

Thanks for the reminder MissG.  In this instance, I did check ..and nothing from HAL...tis all good as I booked the cruise I was looking at anyway 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boom_boom said:

I've booked several cruises over the years online direct with HAL and never had a PCC, but read about them on this board. Sounds as if they are useful. How  do you make that contact?

Check your old e-mails from HAL, there is likely a Personal Cruise Consultant assigned to you. I had one and never used her, until it was the Friday before Xmas (on Sunday) and the HAL office was unexpectedly (to me) CLOSED! I had let a cancellation go to the last minute due to really wanting to go.

I found the direct line and email addy for my PCC and got a cancellation phone message and email message both time stamped. For a manager to approve. Even though my PCC had not touched my reservation. This was for a Lanai on a TransAtlantic+ Europe cruise, and what she saved me just by just existing would take me a lifetime of cruising to make back 7-10% at a time.

ETA: she has saved me more since, and got me OBC and perks that weren't available to the public. As has my Princess CVP.

Edited by crystalspin