Can remainder of bottle of wine be served at another restaurant?

Petoonya

First time NCL.

I cruise Oceania where anywhere you dine the sommelier will take your unfinished bottle of wine, and store for you. It can then

be served wherever you dine again on the ship. Oceania has small ships where it's easier to do most likely. I'm going to sail on Bliss.

Is the same service offered?

Thanks for your help.

When they had trouble getting my open wine bottle from another restaurant they gave me a new bottle of wine. You get a ticket from the waiter at the end of your meal. You just give it to the waiter at your next restaurant he will serve you the open  bottle from last restaurant.

13 hours ago, Synchronaut said:

Yes. you can.  And it might help if you can tell the waiter which restaurant it should go to.

This is a good tip. I didn't one night and it took about 30 minutes to get our wine since it was on the other end of the ship.

14 hours ago, Synchronaut said:

Yes. you can.  And it might help if you can tell the waiter which restaurant it should go to.

Good tip !  I always thought the bottles were centrally stored but labeled by where it was last used.  

Yes, you can and the system works, although at peak dining hours it can take some time to get your bottle retrieved from the last restaurant. I don't believe they store them centrally anywhere, but just in the last restaurant where you drank from the bottle.

I used to do this all the time on cruises, but now my practice is to take the bottle back to the cabin and store it there. Since I typically only drink about a serving and a half of wine with any meal, I'll just pour myself a large glass in the cabin and carry that to the restaurant. No different than bringing a glass of wine into the restaurant from a bar.

11 minutes ago, Gershep said:

I don't normally drink wine at dinner. Can you ask for an unopened bottle and bring it back to your cabin?

Yes you can do that - need glasses and corkscrew ask your cabin attendant in advance - need to chill that

bottle request the champagne ice bucket too with ice of course.