Internet package before or onboard?

pthjudy

Is it better to purchase an internet package prior to sailing? Can we get our Crown & Anchor discount then? We are Emerald and do want to buy a package but am not sure when to buy. Any suggestions much appreciated.  

2 minutes ago, pthjudy said:

Is it better to purchase an internet package prior to sailing? Can we get our Crown & Anchor discount then? We are Emerald and do want to buy a package but am not sure when to buy. Any suggestions much appreciated.  

Buy it before as it is much cheaper that way.  Don't wait too long to buy it as the price goes up closer to sailing.  If price goes down, you can always cancel and repurchase.

One more question. I went to purchase the internet package. There were 2 ways to sign up. I believe the first was full balance or the like and the second was by guest. Both needed cc information but home address as well. I thought we wouldn’t pay up front or am I incorrect? Am I then able to cancel and rebook if the internet package drops? Please guide me through the purchase. Thanks so much. 

1 minute ago, pthjudy said:

I thought we wouldn’t pay up front or am I incorrect? Am I then able to cancel and rebook if the internet package drops?

You buy whatever number device package you need just for you. Yes, you pay up front and yes you cancel and rebook if it goes lower.

If multiple people need to be connnected at the same time.  Have one person buy a multiple device package, for the total number devices that will be connected at one time.  It is cheaper than having each person a one device package.  Also you can switch out the device you are using.  For example, I buy a two device package for me and my wife.  I switch between my smart phone and laptop for my 'half" of the package.  Also all people using the package do not have to be residing in the same cabin.  For one cruise I bought a three device so a cousin-in-law's daughter could do a school assignment (basically a live trip report about the countries we were visiting)