How long for a refund to show.

jacketwatch

We canceled a cruise for May 9 out of LA. Fortunately all we lose is the deposit which was only $2.00 as we took advantage of a one day promotion. However it’s been around 9 days now and no refund yet. The cruise was paid in full. 

Any experiences with how long it takes for the refund to post?

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, jacketwatch said:

We canceled a cruise for May 9 out of LA. Fortunately all we lose is the deposit which was only $2.00 as we took advantage of a one day promotion. However it’s been around 9 days now and no refund yet. The cruise was paid in full. 

Any experiences with how long it takes for the refund to post?

Thank you.

Princess insurance? After final?

Hi Jackwatch,

We cancelled our February 29thCaribbean cruise on 2/6/2020.

Insurance claim filed on 2/6 /2020.

Claimed received by AVON 2/6/2020 for reviewed.

Princess Insurance – Elite

“Cancelled for any reason”.

Two (2) Certificates issued (one for my wife and one for me) by Princess for partial amount on 2/24/2020.

Certificates must be used by 12/31/2021.

Balance (less certificate amount) credited to my Visa credit card.

As expected – insurance amount not covered ($191.94).

I’m a happy camper.

John

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, John99 said:

Hi Jackwatch,

We cancelled our February 29thCaribbean cruise on 2/6/2020.

Insurance claim filed on 2/6 /2020.

Claimed received by AVON 2/6/2020 for reviewed.

Princess Insurance – Elite

“Cancelled for any reason”.

Two (2) Certificates issued (one for my wife and one for me) by Princess for partial amount on 2/24/2020.

Certificates must be used by 12/31/2021.

Balance (less certificate amount) credited to my Visa credit card.

As expected – insurance amount not covered ($191.94).

I’m a happy camper.

John

Good for you! 

And I am too. We had insurance thru Travel Guard and they agreed to issue a voucher to that amount to be applied to a future cruise which we have planned in 9/2021 so all in all it worked out very well. 

2 hours ago, CatsareCool said:

Although Princess may have put the refund through to your credit card, the bank that your credit card is linked with can take a few extra days to process also.

I actually called the cc co. So far no pending refund but Im sure it will come

We were due a refund from Princess since the beginning of December for EZ Air cancelled prior to 45 days before the start of that cruise. We were cruising at the time and didn’t see it appear in our credit card account. Thinking that perhaps we had been issued a check for it (which we just have been, for an expired FCD, for some unknown reason as they are usually credit card credits), I didn’t call until we returned home mid February. Princess had ‘no idea’ why they hadn’t processed the refund.  Finance got involved and we had the credit to our credit card two days later. 

Credits can be very quick if you call. Nine days is long enough to wait. I’d call them today. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

We were due a refund from Princess since the beginning of December for EZ Air cancelled prior to 45 days before the start of that cruise. We were cruising at the time and didn’t see it appear in our credit card account. Thinking that perhaps we had been issued a check for it (which we just have been, for an expired FCD, for some unknown reason as they are usually credit card credits), I didn’t call until we returned home mid February. Princess had ‘no idea’ why they hadn’t processed the refund.  Finance got involved and we had the credit to our credit card two days later. 

Credits can be very quick if you call. Nine days is long enough to wait. I’d call them today. 

Actually see #12. The credit posted today which included the EZ air we had purchased. 

Thank you!