Regal Princess Questions

ronandannette

Having never been on this class of ship, there are several areas on the deck plans I'm curious about.  Can anyone tell me about the Laser Range, Driving Range and the Game Lounge, all located on the Sports Deck?  I'm also wondering if the Retreat Pool is part of the Sanctuary or something separate.  Is it a free-access area? Do the Retreat Pool cabanas have to be rented or reserved in any way?  Since we're sailing on an early-May British Isles itinerary, maybe I should ask if the pools will be open at all?  Thanks in advance for any information.

1 hour ago, ronandannette said:

Having never been on this class of ship, there are several areas on the deck plans I'm curious about.  Can anyone tell me about the Laser Range, Driving Range and the Game Lounge, all located on the Sports Deck?  I'm also wondering if the Retreat Pool is part of the Sanctuary or something separate.  Is it a free-access area? Do the Retreat Pool cabanas have to be rented or reserved in any way?  Since we're sailing on an early-May British Isles itinerary, maybe I should ask if the pools will be open at all?  Thanks in advance for any information.

Pools will be open - may be cool/cold, but they'll be open unless the seas are too rough (unlikely), Retreat Pool is adults only, no charge, open to any 18 and over.  Cabanas are extra charge, book at the Sanctuary. 

The driving range, laser range, etc are all simulators, next to the sport court area. Hours are limited.

The Regal is a beautiful ship. If you want a balcony, be sure and select a cabin with a decent sized balcony. And I hope they get their act together regarding their recent health inspection. When we were

on her in September 2018, she got 100% and the crew was elated!

3 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Pools will be open - may be cool/cold, but they'll be open unless the seas are too rough (unlikely), Retreat Pool is adults only, no charge, open to any 18 and over.  Cabanas are extra charge, book at the Sanctuary. 

The driving range, laser range, etc are all simulators, next to the sport court area. Hours are limited.

Wind can also be a factor too. On our MR Thanksgiving Cruise, the seas were fine, but the wind was a little more than fresh. They had closed the retreat pool, stashed all the chairs and put barriers across the doors that led to the retreat area. Luckily, we were in the Sanctuary, right at the front up against the glass, so we’re shielded from the worst of the wind. 

10 hours ago, ronandannette said:

Can anyone tell me about the Laser Range, Driving Range and the Game Lounge, all located on the Sports Deck?

As of early Feb. the Laser Range is out of operation due to being repaired. 

It might be fixed by now?

14 hours ago, nini said:

The Regal is a beautiful ship. If you want a balcony, be sure and select a cabin with a decent sized balcony. And I hope they get their act together regarding their recent health inspection. When we were

on her in September 2018, she got 100% and the crew was elated!

We're quite far forward, portside on Lido.  I understand the balconies are small but it's a far-cry better than the inside GTY we started out with.  Prices were ridiculous on this sailing but did come down very substantially after final payment so we jumped up quite a few categories. I think we will love the convenience of walking right out onto the pool deck and just up one flight to the Retreat.

On 2/27/2020 at 6:40 PM, Husky61 said:

Retreat pool is not part of the Sanctuary, and the Cabanas at the retreat pol have to be rented.

I'm sure other posters will repeat what I just told you several times.

This is correct information. Was just on the 2/2/20 sailing of Regal and we really enjoyed lounging at the Retreat Pool. We did not rent a cabana FYI. Just used the regular lounge chairs.

On 2/28/2020 at 4:53 AM, MissP22 said:

As of early Feb. the Laser Range is out of operation due to being repaired. 

It might be fixed by now?

I didn’t see it working when we were on board last week, 2/16-23.

And in an effort not to disappoint Husky61....Retreat pool is not part of the Sanctuary, and the Cabanas at the retreat pol have to be rented.

When I was on the Regal in July last year on the Baltic Cruise, the retreat pool was seldom operational - it floods the spa when there is rocking so every single time i went up for a swim, there were nets over it - I was disappointed because it is a great spot.

I took an upsell offer last week to move to a M412 under Skywalkers bar. Does anyone know if the noise will be an issue late into the night?  I'm not overly thrilled with the fully covered balcony but I'll be fine as long as the noise is ok at night. We do have a son travelling with us. 🙂

Thanks!

Cindy