Andy Stuart

simonaitch

Andy was CEO on our first cruise in 2009. As I remember NCL was going through a rough patch in earnings. In an interview he stated the there were gliches(my word) but that he did not want to see the changes, that were needed, to affect the quality of the service 

I wish him luck.

3 hours ago, simonaitch said:

Gone to Global Port Holdings, congrats to Andy and all the best.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22513-andy-stuart-joins-global-ports-holding.html

He is not joining that company as an executive or employee. He is an independent non-executive member of their board of directors. 

12 hours ago, BEACHBARB said:

Wow - I wonder who will be taking over.  Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Andy’s departure was announced in October and he’s been gone for a while. The news is that after searching for a job, the beat he could do is a non-executive position  

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Andy’s departure was announced in October and he’s been gone for a while. The news is that after searching for a job, the beat he could do is a non-executive position  

He's been gone only 2 months, I'd hardly call that "a while"  Also, a non executive board member means he is not involved with the day to day operation,  and is more of a policy making role.  Maybe that is what he was looking for.  saying "the best he could do" that way implies he had to settle.  I'd hardly call a board of directors position settling.  I hardly think he is in a position he had to take something he didn't want after only 2 month.  I am assuming beat was a misspelling and you intended to say best.

• Like 2