Coffee package on B2B

lhsail

We have a b2b2b2b coming up. If I purchase a coffee package on the first cruise can I be carried over on the subsequent cruises?  Ant difference in how unlimited brewed coffee is treated vs. specialty coffee?  Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, lhsail said:

We have a b2b2b2b coming up. If I purchase a coffee package on the first cruise can I be carried over on the subsequent cruises?  Ant difference in how unlimited brewed coffee is treated vs. specialty coffee?  Thanks. 

On our B2B cruises the coffee package carried over to the next cruise.  The barista recommended checking at the PSD near the end of the first cruise to confirm our account was still correctly set up to continue on the next cruise.

1 hour ago, lhsail said:

Any difference in how unlimited brewed coffee is treated vs. specialty coffee?  Thanks. 

Brewed coffee tastes better than the coffee that's served in the MDR/buffet (according to many here).

Brewed coffee vs. specialty coffee is comparing apples and oranges. Specialty coffees have different flavors/ingredients added. Brewed coffee is just coffee.

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Brewed coffee tastes better than the coffee that's served in the MDR/buffet (according to many here).

Brewed coffee vs. specialty coffee is comparing apples and oranges. Specialty coffees have different flavors/ingredients added. Brewed coffee is just coffee.

Apparently I was not clear. I was specifically wondering if the brewed coffee and the specialty coffees would be treated differently in terms of carryover from one cruise to another.

21 minutes ago, lhsail said:

Apparently I was not clear. I was specifically wondering if the brewed coffee and the specialty coffees would be treated differently in terms of carryover from one cruise to another.

The card doesn't change. 15 specialty coffees, free brewed.

We recently did a 30+ day B2B using one card for the entire time.

There's some disagreement about needing to have at least one "punch" left in order to get the brewed stuff.

11 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

There's some disagreement about needing to have at least one "punch" left in order to get the brewed stuff.

That has not been a requirement for a number of years. It stopped when they started putting cruise dates on physical cards.

Sooo, did princess return back to the punch card recently?

I’m under the understanding, that it tied to you folio account to that specific cruise.  They stopped issuance of the paper card and now they use you’re cruise card to allow you you’re 15 drinks and unlimited coffee.  

Im under the impression they don’t carry it thru.  they didn’t the last B2B I had in July...   would highly recommend you contact customer service and get the correct procedure.  

If you have old cards with punches left over, they may allow you to receive a specialized drink, but no unlimited coffee service.   And to my understanding the cards were to be not allowed after August 2019.

again ask princess customer service to advise.

they have seriously curbed the extension use of the coffee card to only work to you’re specific cruise.   Guess things change.  Oh well it’s still a good deal.

1 hour ago, DuaneO said:

If you have old cards with punches left over, they may allow you to receive a specialized drink, but no unlimited coffee service.   And to my understanding the cards were to be not allowed after August 2019.

again ask princess customer service to advise.

Depending on the ship they might accept the old coffee cards.

Calling Princess customer service won't get answers that are worth much.

They'll simply tell you that the cards were discontinued after  August 2019.