Neptune suite not entitled to club orange dinner menu?

Fredric22

Just a quick reminder folks: the ONLY difference between the CO menu and the regular MDR menu is a SINGLE ENTREE. (We were on the NS as suite pax and went to CO twice, abysmal experiences about which I posted elsewhere).  That being said, apparently CO breakfast is wonderful. We just do our suite-menu room service...

34 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

That being said, apparently CO breakfast is wonderful.

Details please, if possible.

Personally, I think HAL's Breakfast Menu in the DR is really an excellent one.  Varied choices that ought to satisfy international guests.  And, oh, those delicious Swedish Pancakes! 

5 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Details please, if possible.

Personally, I think HAL's Breakfast Menu in the DR is really an excellent one.  Varied choices that ought to satisfy international guests.  And, oh, those delicious Swedish Pancakes! 

This is completely second hand: I have read is that folks who DID eat in the CO loved being able to watch the chefs prepare their meal in the open kitchen. And make their Belgian waffles... 

15 minutes ago, sofietucker said:

This is completely second hand: I have read is that folks who DID eat in the CO loved being able to watch the chefs prepare their meal in the open kitchen. And make their Belgian waffles... 

Thanks for your response.  I am not a fan of the "open kitchen" concept.  A small number of the fine dining restaurants in my area have the  "open kitchen" concept.  I have patronized them, more than once because I enjoy the service/cuisine.  My favorites?  No.   There is in my home an "open kitchen" on a daily basis.  "Open kitchen" is nothing special in my opinion on a HAL ship or in any other restaurant.  

I can observe "Open Kitchen" when I go to McDonald's and order my Big Mac.    

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2020 at 4:18 PM, VennDiagram said:

I will look for other references, beyond the press release.

There is a booklet in your Neptune suite that lists the privileges. For anything unclear we went to the concierge in the Neptune Lounge. When it was our first time in a Neptune Suite, we didn't know anything, but our two super concierges on the MS Amsterdam would help us. We never went to the large guest services counter. 

1 hour ago, sofietucker said:

I really didn't care if I could watch the cooking. I'm not impressed by the 'open kitchen' thing.  What I liked about CO breakfast on Kdam was that waffles and pancakes were fresh from the griddle, unlike the soggy ones I had in the Pinnacle (from MDR kitchen). 

11 minutes ago, Floridiana said:

There is a booklet in your Neptune suite that lists the privileges. For anything unclear we went to the concierge in the Neptune Lounge. When it was our first time in a Neptune Suite, we didn't know anything, but our two super concierges on the MS Amsterdam would help us. We never went to the large guest services counter. 

There isn't a booklet any more. Now there's a "tent" card on or near the desk that gives the info on the "suite life." 

On 3/1/2020 at 5:00 PM, bEwAbG said:

Sounds like you need to make an appointment with the hotel director if everyone on the ship is confused.  The program has been out for long enough that this should be a non-issue.

This is 'for the  GRM to handle with the dining room manager  and the Neptune Lounge concierge.

GRM=  Guest  Relations Manager

Edited by sail7seas

21 hours ago, Floridiana said:

You don't have to watch them cook.

21 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I'm not impressed by the 'open kitchen' thing. 

The "open kitchen" concept is a dining fad.  It's a dining fad that HAL adopted for CO to be "hip", i.e. modern with the guests that they are trying to encourage to make a booking.

• Like 1

In my opinion Club Orange is highly overrated, but if you are in a Neptune Suite you should automatically get access with no hassle. I think HAL needs to train the crew better on just what exactly Club Orange is (and isn't) and who gets access to it.

• Like 1