Celebrity Edge skipping Costa Maya today?

mac_tlc

On Edge now, skipping Costa Maya.  Capt. Kate says it is because of 56,ph winds and 9ft of seas along pier.  Off to Cozumel for evening, dock at 7pm, can get off ship, leave tomorrow afternoon.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FLJudi said:

On Edge now, skipping Costa Maya.  Capt. Kate says it is because of 56,ph winds and 9ft of seas along pier.  Off to Cozumel for evening, dock at 7pm, can get off ship, leave tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the on-the-spot update!!

Enjoy Coz. 

1 hour ago, FLJudi said:

There are some good restaurants on Cozumel...La Choza Cozumel is one. 

https://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=mexican&find_loc=Cozumel%2C+Quintana+Roo

We were there a few weeks ago      We had made private plans and were told that if we left the port they would not let us back in

Well we left, got a taxi, had a fantastic day at No Noch kay beach which we had booked   Got a taxi back and walked right through the port gates

Heard later at the bar that All the excursions booked from Celebrity were cancelled    Too bad    This was one of our favorite stops

I feel for the local taxi drivers as the port is trying to scoop All the business

29 minutes ago, Mystictraveler said:

May I ask which app you use for ship tracking?

29 minutes ago, Mystictraveler said:

May I ask which app you use for ship tracking?

I use marinetraffic . It’s not free, but for $5, I enjoy it. Less than a beer on board. I’ve only paid for two apps in my life , marine traffic for tracking ships and flightaware for tracking planes. Guess I have a transportation addiction. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, AquariusOne said:

Free app ‘Shipmate’ will give you current ship location, any ship anywhere in the world.

I have that one too, but I prefer marine traffic. Seems more accurate, at least in some cases.

This first picture is from marinetraffic, the second is from shipmate. 

23F507FA-4999-472D-831A-FF33B373BC96.png

D672FFA6-DB93-4F18-BA31-61CC26A7BA9B.png

Edited by mac_tlc

We were on the Equinox and in Costa Maya last Tuesday.  The winds were so bad I was surprised we even docked.  There were 2 NCL ships in port with us and one was listing noticeably due to the waves crashing into her.

We were on the February 2 sailing of the Edge and also skipped Costa Maya due to winds.   I have read several post indicating Costa Maya has been skipped several times in the interim and would be interested to hear if they have docked at all in CM in the past month, skipping either due to high winds or the taxi situation.    We also arrived in Cozumel early and overnighted there.