Did you book this week?

UGACamper

Looking for others who booked after the onset of the plague to take advantage of what I feel is probably the safest time to cruise.  

Booked Horizon 3/29 sailing for balcony guarantee and was assigned Havana Aft Wrap for $855 including gratuities. We have been eyeing the Havana Aft balconies, but with typical pricing, it was out of logical reach.   There are just better ways to spend my cruise fund. When just playing around, I stumbled upon this booking and jumped. 

Crazy, maybe. 

Happy cruising!

• Like 3

@UGACamper

This is exactly the type of thread we need right now.  Encouragement to cruise & fill empty cabins while getting it at a discount price.  So much lose/lose discussion going on (quarantines, missed ports and understandably- cancellations due to health risks).  

Hope you have a great time & your rate actually was lower than my future Havana Interior one so you got a great price.

• Like 1

My opinion is we need threads that contain factual info and don’t demean people for whatever decision they make for themselves and their families. This is a stressful time for people and while creating extra panic certainly doesn’t help, neither does ignoring the very real potential consequences either.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

My opinion is we need threads that contain factual info and don’t demean people for whatever decision they make for themselves and their families. 

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think this statement bears repeating.

Every group that sails does so under different circumstances and conditions.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, UGACamper said:

Looking for others who booked after the onset of the plague to take advantage of what I feel is probably the safest time to cruise.  

Booked Horizon 3/29 sailing for balcony guarantee and was assigned Havana Aft Wrap for $855 including gratuities. We have been eyeing the Havana Aft balconies, but with typical pricing, it was out of logical reach.   There are just better ways to spend my cruise fund. When just playing around, I stumbled upon this booking and jumped. 

Crazy, maybe. 

Happy cruising!

Awesome

I booked a few weeks ago sorry, on rcl, but got the nicest ship, liberty, out of Galveston, and mid deck 10. Among all the suites, but not until april 26.

I did vista last cruise, wanted rcl, variety is the spice of life.

I got some things to do, lol like taxes etc, then I might call my carnival rep and see if any last minute cruises with great prices are available. If anyone hears of carnival discounting last minute, please post. 

Time to get my loyalty pts up ha. Havana balcony, you done good. Anyone else have some awesome deals? Great time to enjoy the best cabins at the best prices is why I booked weeks ago.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

Yep booked Thursday - 4 day on Elation on 3/26. I couldn’t pass up 2 ocean view rooms for 6 people for 1,300 total with 200 obc. Next day they announced the additional obc for not canceling so now it’s 400 which will cover all gratuities and then some. 

• Like 2

Yep!  We booked on 4Mar for a cruise sailing on 5Apr because it was so inexpensive AND fit our vacation schedule over spring break here (my wife is a teacher). And just received Carnival's email this morning with an additional OBC incentive if we don't cancel...

Let's go!

• Like 1

Yesterday my wife and I booked our first cruise ever. Paid $279 each for an inside room on the 5-day Ecstasy departing March 14. 

Today I checked the website we purchased through, and see it's dropped to $124 per person. Should have waited another day, but can't really complain.

2 hours ago, UGACamper said:

Call who you booked with and see if you can get on board credit for the difference. 

We ended up upgrading to an Oceanview room because that price dropped to only $20 more than the Interior we had booked. 👍

• Like 2

I wish I could take advantage of some of these great deals, but DH has an underlying health condition and his doctors feel that he is in the at risk category, so he's doing what he can to avoid situations where he might be exposed.

My DIL and her sister are on a cruise right now and having a great time.

I hope everyone enjoys their trips!

Looks like Carnival made the go/no go decision for us -received this email from them late last night, so we'll rebook and take advantage of that additional OBC..!

TEMPORARY PAUSE IN SERVICE
ALL SAILINGS DEPARTING MARCH 14, 2020 – APRIL 09, 2020
March 13, 2020
Dear Carnival Guest,
We are sorry to share the news that Carnival Cruise Line is temporarily pausing service, effective with sailings departing Saturday, March 14 through April 09, 2020 across its fleet of North America based ships. We will resume service on April 10, 2020.

We canceled our May sailing Monday, but rebooked at the same time for a mid-July cruise. The price has already dropped twice and we were able to get the reduced fares, so it's been a win for us. Hope this all subsides soon so we can all get back out there on the high seas.