Ruby Princess-current status?

trvlwrld

We got off the ruby this morning.  We were two hours late due to Australian health authorities reviews.   Anyone who had a cough, fever, runny nose, or had traveled through several listed countries had to have extra screening.  Everyone else just filled out a card and waited till the ship was cleared.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Loritd said:

We got off the ruby this morning.  We were two hours late due to Australian health authorities reviews.   Anyone who had a cough, fever, runny nose, or had traveled through several listed countries had to have extra screening.  Everyone else just filled out a card and waited till the ship was cleared.  

This is an example of why passengers shouldn't book their overseas flights home too soon after expected time of arrival in Sydney.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loritd said:

How were they identifying people with a cough, fever, runny nose?  Were they observing people as they exited customs and pulling people out of line? Or was it only pax that Princess had identified as having "cough, fever, runny nose"

Thank you!

You're welcome, Pushka.

Seabourn Encore has just passed under the harbour bridge heading out from White Bay. She was due to depart at 7pm. It looks like there have been major delays at the Sydney cruise terminals today.

• Like 1

I read a comment that the Ruby 11pm sailing has also been cancelled. Hope all is ok and the comment is incorrect for all those onboard. On the yha webcam it looks like the majority of the rooms are lit up.

No sign of her moving yet, but I think there is a pilot boat sitting just astern of her. It's been there for a while though. It's sort of visible on the SydneyWebCam, not clear enough to see exactly what it is but it keeps changing shape (turning in the water) so I assume its the pilot boat.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pushka said:

I think it's starting to edge out right now?

I did the same cruise in Oct on the Majestic, nice cruise but I hope Ruby doesn't come home with a bunch of symptomatic passengers in 2 weeks time.