Meraviglia this week or last week ?

Micheb5

Any one on board or just disembarking today with any feedback on the sanitization efforts? We are sailing next Sunday Mar 15. Appreciate any comments on additional cleaning and screening routines etc. 

we were on the ship Feb 23- March 01 during the start of all of this and by mid week cleaning and disinfecting efforts were tripled - tables in common areas being wiped down with bleach/water, backs of chairs and other surfaces also being wiped down continously and much more hand sanitizers available.

• Like 1

On board. Had a nice day in Ocho Rios. All pax had sanitizing of hands and thermal scans prior to reboarding. There appears to be a heightened level of cleaning of surfaces. Probably needs more "selling" of hand sanitizing prior to buffet (IMO), but it is being offered. 

Edited by AceDoc

41 minutes ago, AceDoc said:

On board. Had a nice day in Ocho Rios. All pax had sanitizing of hands and thermal scans prior to reboarding. There appears to be a heightened level of cleaning of surfaces. Probably needs more "selling" of hand sanitizing prior to buffet (IMO), but it is being offered. 

Thanks for the info. Pls keep us posted on any delays or missed ports. We will be boarding on Sun. Have a great time and i hope all continues to go well. 

Thank you so much firefightercruiser for taking the time to give us a real time report. Are there servers at the buffet or are they letting people serve themselves still? Someone posted that their Seaside cabin got new bedding every day, and their bathroom cup holders were being sanitized. Enjoy your cruise and thanks a lot.

2 hours ago, Micheb5 said:

Thank you so much firefightercruiser for taking the time to give us a real time report. Are there servers at the buffet or are they letting people serve themselves still? Someone posted that their Seaside cabin got new bedding every day, and their bathroom cup holders were being sanitized. Enjoy your cruise and thanks a lot.

Ship reportedly is at 2500 passengers or so. It feels maybe down a third, still plenty of people attending shoes, etc. Buffet is still self serve. There is lots of wiping down of areas. All seems to be fairly normal on board. Of course the subject comes up in conversation, but there is no sense of panic, and I see most everyone having a very nice time. About the biggest difficulty so far were the seriously rough seas over last night, which had a number of passengers cooped up in their staterooms with seasickness. Calmer and pleasant weather appeared today, and Ocho Rios was a pleasant stop. 

Acedoc, thanks for the info. We have been struggling with go/no go for a week now. Glad to hear all is going well. Sorry you have rough seas, hope it calms down later in the week and you make it to Ocean Cay. 

5 hours ago, Silva60 said:

Me and my wife we have booked with MSC Meraviglia trip March 22-29 from Miami.

Anyone there has news about this ship/trip? 

We are scheduled on that one too.  Haven't heard anything from MSC other than what is posted on their website.  It's a day by day wait and see.

15 hours ago, dexddd said:

We are scheduled on that one too.  Haven't heard anything from MSC other than what is posted on their website.  It's a day by day wait and see.

Thank you! Well, Mr Trump decided to cancel all flights from Europe so I guess I won't reach Miami anyway... Have a good trip yourself! 

3 hours ago, dexddd said:

Where you from?

Portugal.

Situation is chaotic this side. I've been trying all day to call the airline. Lines are busy. Flights "desappeared" from the web site. No formal communication has been released. No information to passengers affected! Zero!

On 3/11/2020 at 12:42 PM, Preziosa said:

Thats crazy only around 2500 people on your sailing.  That must Be a Strange feeling.

I hope there Will Be a little bit more people on Our Easter sailing. Have a Nice Cruise.

It doesn't feel super empty. Generally, it is busy at popular programs, just not stuffed. Lines are short at the buffet. Similarly, it is easy to get a chair on deck, or a spot at the hot tub.