State Depatment notification

O2B@Cagain

Yes heard this and hope it is not a death knell for the cruise industry. Hopefully this is a huge overreaction and things will settle down but they, cruise lines in general, may not make it. We have final payment due for end of June sailing.  We still want to go but not sure I want to part with 12k. Hopefully they will change final payment policy to a 15 or 30 day window which will give us more time to see what transpires. They have got to be struggling to deal with this moving target. 

15 hours ago, sb44 said:

Yes heard this and hope it is not a death knell for the cruise industry. Hopefully this is a huge overreaction and things will settle down but they, cruise lines in general, may not make it. We have final payment due for end of June sailing.  We still want to go but not sure I want to part with 12k. Hopefully they will change final payment policy to a 15 or 30 day window which will give us more time to see what transpires. They have got to be struggling to deal with this moving target. 

I'm in the same boat (pun unintentional) with a final payment due in six weeks.  I'm hoping that by then things will have settled down.  We just decided to buy a new house yesterday--we've been looking here and there for a couple of years now, and suddenly when we least expected it, a house popped up that was absolutely perfect for us.  We'd be closing and moving the week after we get home.  Yikes!

We are truly rooting for this to calm down quickly and hope the travel industry survives what I believe is a total overreaction on the part of the media. Maybe a royal divorce would divert attention! In all seriousness,  I worry about the crews being let go. These are lovely people who have served us all so well and not having jobs would be financially devastating to them, their families and countries.  If travel is deemed safe we will be on board.

Congratulations on the new house. Timing is everything...

• Like 2