Last Minute Liberty Trip – Planning, Thoughts, Opinions

2 minutes ago, godawgs227 said:

Promenade rooms on Liberty are great. Have had 4 on our 9 Liberty cruises. We try to get deck 6 (6309, 6311, 6313) looking out at the Promenade Cafe. FYI, your bottle of rum that you "might" purchase on board to enjoy during the cruise will be delivered to your room the night before you disembark. Enjoy your cruise. We'll be on Liberty for a B2B in Aug/Sept. Got a great deal on a hump balcony.

I am hoping that we do get to upgrade to the promenade room, I put in the Royal Up bid!  

I am not talking about the duty-free liquor that I know they do not let you have during the cruise, I am talking about the smaller bottles that you can have delivered to your stateroom through "Royal Gifts" on the website.  

I hope you enjoy your cruise as well.  A B2B is sounds wonderful!  

1 hour ago, Lucyonthesea said:

I have cancelled our day at Nachi Cochim.    (Highly recomend it!)  and our stingray sailing adventure.  I feel really sorry for those small operators. In her reply Michele at Stngray told me I was the 67th person to cancel in two days!!!

So if you do go get in touch and take that catamaran tour, it gets excellent reviews.  We hope they are still in business as we have re-booked the exact same cruise for 2021!

https://stingraysailing.com/...

I'm considering switching to this tour. We booked the catamaran tour through RCI (on Liberty 8/30 sailing).Were you worried about getting to their dock or back to the ship on time? I see we don't arrive until 10:30am that day, and I know those who book through RCI get first priority on the tenders. 

• Like 1

Dining question - what is the best way to request a table for 2 for our late seating in the MDR? I know that we will have the same table and waiters each evening and really think our preference would be to eat by ourselves. 

3 hours ago, CruiseGirl4ever said:

I'm considering switching to this tour. We booked the catamaran tour through RCI (on Liberty 8/30 sailing).Were you worried about getting to their dock or back to the ship on time? I see we don't arrive until 10:30am that day, and I know those who book through RCI get first priority on the tenders. 

Please do book I felt really sorry for cancelling.   I had been worried about the timing but Michele assured me that they had been taking passengers arriving on Liberty for many years and no one had missed the rendezvous point.  She told me that as soon as the ship docks get to the gangway and no one will send you back because you are not on a ship’s tour!    Send her an email I’m sure she will be delighted to have someone actually making a booking:)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MrsMuffin said:

You guys about have me talked in to Stingray City! 

And the Hilton Rose Hall resort looks amazing!  It has actually been on my radar as a place to vacation for a year or so.  We are in decent enough shape to do Dunns River Falls, but really don't have a desire to do that on this trip.  We will probably either do a resort or beach drop off here.  We have also considered just going to the Margaritaville there at the port.  

Booking Hilton Rose Hall through Resort ForA Day was a great decision for us. Between the all inclusive food and drink, activities, transportation costs, and the chance to spend our day in a beautiful, clean, safe resort was worth every penny we spent on it. 

There are other resorts listed on the Resort For A Day website that you might want to consider. So far, we have only been to Hilton Rose Hall, but the next time we end up in Jamaica, we’re planning to try one of their other options. 😎

For both Stingray City and Hilton Rose Hall, if you have an underwater camera be sure to bring it!

• Like 2

My cousin is currently on this cruise and it looks like they are having a great time!  They have made all of their ports and it appears to be business as usual.  I refuse to stop being excited about this trip unless it ends up completely cancelled.  

RCCL emailed cruise documents last night.  Our stateroom still says GTY but it does indicate that we are on deck 8 and our muster station is A03.  I wish I could figure out how to decipher this info and find out if we might still luck in to a promenade view room!  

We cruise in 37 days and I am ready! 

Amusingly, Royal assigned our stateroom number last night.  Looks like they are keeping up appearances that we are still cruising in 31 days. 

I have my eye on a replacement cruise in August....  

Edited by MrsMuffin
modified content

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Sorry OP but with news of sending crew members home. Carnival ships used as hospital beds etc  I think your cruise and mine wouldnt happen.

Rcl wouldnt be sending crew members home if they expected those ships to sail soon. 

Unfortunately, I totally agree.  I am hopeful that we can go in August instead!  I will be waiting for Royal to cancel though so that we can get the best refund or FCC possible.  

3 minutes ago, MrsMuffin said:

Unfortunately, I totally agree.  I am hopeful that we can go in August instead!  I will be waiting for Royal to cancel though so that we can get the best refund or FCC possible.  

Bummer huh? 

I'm right behind you April 26. Lol tired of waiting ... I'm a planner. I hate this waiting.

• Like 1