Who's keeping their March cruise?

We’re scheduled for the Escape on the 21st and as of now we are planning to go. Not afraid at all of catching anything. The only things that would cause us to cancel would be if a decent number of ships in the Caribbean start getting quarantined or if a lot of ports stop accepting ships. Also, our kids are supposed to be staying home with my parents, who are in their 70’s with some health concerns, so if there is any serious risk the kids may have been exposed before we leave, we will cancel, to keep from putting my parents at risk. We’ve also thought of adding the kids to the cruise even though this was supposed to be just for us grown ups. That way we wouldn’t have to worry about my parents. I’m excited about the potential of an empty ship and maybe a sweet room upgrade. 

8 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Checking the inventory of my 3/22 Bliss sailing a little bit ago, we had 129 more rooms available than on Friday. So not a huge percentage of cancellations yet. Ships is currently still ~90% full. So I don't think they will be canceling that March sailing at least.

Hi! 🙂 How can I do the load checking? Are you literally just making psuedo reservations in every category or is there an app...?  I'd love to watch to see trends for our sailing. We are booked for The Joy out of LA April 12. At this time we are still planning to go. We are kind of waiting to see how things are going over the next few weeks... XO 

12 hours ago, wampuscat7 said:

Scheduled on Joy March 22 from LA to Mexico. On Sunday we were still planning to go. Now we're 50/50. 

As of this morning I reported we were on the Joy same cruise.  Same discussion on Saturday we were all in until tonite.  Now the other couple is waffling.  I can’t figure out what happened between Saturday and today until she mentioned all the media about the Grand Princess and the debarkation and quarantine.   Now we’re waiting until the very end to decide.  Hubs and I may still go if they cancel.  So frustrating.....

I am planning on going, but I am worried that the choice may be taken from me.  My GF is a nurse at a major hospital. They already started a quarantine procedure for employees who returning from high risk countries and may expand on that. 

5 hours ago, tbae said:

Hi! 🙂 How can I do the load checking? Are you literally just making psuedo reservations in every category or is there an app...?  I'd love to watch to see trends for our sailing. We are booked for The Joy out of LA April 12. At this time we are still planning to go. We are kind of waiting to see how things are going over the next few weeks... XO 

Just going to a TA site, starting a mock booking, and clicking into each category. I too wish we had access to the basic numbers, but as laypeople, I don't believe we do.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, arlielam said:

I heard that crew do the serving at the buffet now, so passengers aren't necessarily touching all the ladles and tongs etc. Anyone know if that's true?

I am currently on the Pearl and crew is serving in the buffet. This began on Day 2 around lunch time.

2 minutes ago, xkritter said:

I am currently on the Pearl and crew is serving in the buffet. This began on Day 2 around lunch time.

My son and his friends are leaving on the Pearl on Sunday, how is the ship? Is your itinerary also Mexico/Honduras? My son and his friends are looking forward to their cruise but I'm getting sucked into all the media hype and just want to have all the facts.  Thank you.

I am scheduled to cruise on the Escape on 3/21.

I'm like a chicken running around with my head cut off going back and forth on whether to cancel or not. As of now I am planning on going.

I'm not afraid of getting sick, I just don't want to get to Miami late Friday night and find out the cruise is canceled or something like that. I just want a fun vacation!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, haiyez22 said:

I'm like a chicken running around with my head cut off going back and forth on whether to cancel or not. As of now I am planning on going.

I'm not afraid of getting sick, I just don't want to get to Miami late Friday night and find out the cruise is canceled or something like that. I just want a fun vacation!

I hear you, I feel the same.  

As far as the cruise being cancelled, I'd guess it's pretty unlikely.  Go and have a fun time.  I'm cruising out of Tampa,  29th, just checked the available suites , at least 1 of each category... they were all sold except the 3br GV prior to the Covid19 outbreak.   Guess quite a few ppl cancelled their cruises.   

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Just going to a TA site, starting a mock booking, and clicking into each category. I too wish we had access to the basic numbers, but as laypeople, I don't believe we do.

Even us travel agents are limited to 15 per category on NCL’s booking tool.

53 minutes ago, haiyez22 said:

Worse places to be for a few days than Miami

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeBTN said:

Even us travel agents are limited to 15 per category on NCL’s booking tool.

That's clearly untrue. I know of at least two TA sites that I use regularly to check inventory that show up to 100 rooms per category.

• Like 1

We cancelled our March 14 sailing on the Escape yesterday.  Two rooms in the Haven.  When I look on the NCL website, it says Haven is sold out as are the Spa rooms.  So either people were booking yesterday, or it takes time for the inventory to update on the NCL website

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kernie968 said:

Thanks for letting me know. There goes my dream solo cruise!

I cruised solo in November to Bermuda on Escape.  My wife isn't into cruising as much as I am so I booked a studio cabin.  Don't knock it till you try it.  I had a great time.

• Like 1

I saw the prices drop precipitously, which was when I decided to pull the trigger (although I had no plans to).  As soon as the prices dropped, and there were cancellations, I think there was a rush to book at the reduced fares.  As a result, lots of cabins were booked and prices went back up.

The window for the reduced fares seemed to be short.

That said, my cruise is 2.5 weeks out and there are still some capacity left.  We'll sail full, though.

Leaving on the 29th out of NOLA on the Getaway.  My family - DH, myself and two teens.  We are all healthy and still planning on going, Lord willing, unless something extra crazy happens btw now and then.  Really looking forward to this cruise!  Need some sunshine and salty water.  It's been raining nonstop here in the ATL.  

1 hour ago, firstimerhaven said:

We cancelled our March 14 sailing on the Escape yesterday.  Two rooms in the Haven.  When I look on the NCL website, it says Haven is sold out as are the Spa rooms.  So either people were booking yesterday, or it takes time for the inventory to update on the NCL website

At this date they’ll probably just hold that for the upgrade advantage.

Starting to rethink if we should go on our cruise on the 22nd or not. For those who have rescheduled with NCL how far out did you rebook? Not sure if later this summer would be good or to wait until Jan/Feb. Just wondering what others have done or are doing.

2 minutes ago, Collett2010 said:

Starting to rethink if we should go on our cruise on the 22nd or not. For those who have rescheduled with NCL how far out did you rebook? Not sure if later this summer would be good or to wait until Jan/Feb. Just wondering what others have done or are doing.

You don't have to rebook right away. You have up to a year from your cancellation date to rebook and through 2022 to actually sail.

• Like 1