Who's keeping their March cruise?

4 minutes ago, parmus said:

March 22nd - Joy - Mexican Riviera.   We’re still going unless the cruise cancels for lack of passengers, which is my fear......

The chances of that happening on that itinerary are, in my opinion, slim to none.

3 hours ago, 2WisconsinCruisers said:

We are scheduled to leave on Norwegian Bliss on March 22nd out of NYC port and everyone around me is driving me nuts about whether or not we are going to cancel. How many of you are still keeping your March cruise reservations? Do you think the cruise ships will be half-full, or do you think new reservations fill canceled spots? I'm sick of people panicking!! We plan on keeping our reservation! 

we have on in April on the Bliss and my family is the same, saying things like , you need to cancel, is not worth it, reschedule for another time, your life is more important, i can go on and on...We are keeping our cruise too, for now. Our cruise is still 6 weeks away and a lot of good or bad can happen between now and then. If we find that is getting worse of course we will make a rational decision, base on truth not on paranoia.

Edited by spanishguy1970

16 minutes ago, parmus said:

March 22nd - Joy - Mexican Riviera.   We’re still going unless the cruise cancels for lack of passengers, which is my fear......

Checking the inventory of my 3/22 Bliss sailing a little bit ago, we had 129 more rooms available than on Friday. So not a huge percentage of cancellations yet. Ships is currently still ~90% full. So I don't think they will be canceling that March sailing at least.

1 hour ago, mjcatlvr said:

Sailing this Saturday 03/14 out of Miami on the Escape unless something CRAZY happens between now and then. Extra cleaning supplies packed and I think were all set. Both of us also will pack a few extra things in case of a quarantine and our laptops for entertainment.

This is the trip we just cancelled.  I hope you will post updates from the ship.  I am so curious to know how full or empty it will be, the general mood on the ship etc.  We are rebooking for December.  The kids (teenagers) are soooo upset that we aren't going on Saturday.  Their school actually closed because of a suspected case.  We will go away, but driving distance.  Just couldn't risk getting suck on a ship and missing so much work.

31 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Checking the inventory of my 3/22 Bliss sailing a little bit ago, we had 129 more rooms available than on Friday. So not a huge percentage of cancellations yet. Ships is currently still ~90% full. So I don't think they will be canceling that March sailing at least.

Well I just re-visited our 3/22 Joy sailing and there were 110 open cabins yesterday and 216 open at this point of the day.

I kept checking to be sure I was looking at the correct sailing, thinking I must be doing something wrong. 

At first I thought all the open insides were because they were upgrading to open balconies, but by the time I finished, I realized that was not the case.  Virtually all cabin types increased in vacancy today.

Open Cabin Stats:  

7 new havens open  (sold out for weeks)

9 Concierge Suites

39 Mini-Suites

82 Balconies

27 Oceanviews

52 Insides

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

Well I just re-visited our 3/22 Joy sailing and there were 110 open cabins yesterday and 216 open at this point of the day.

I kept checking to be sure I was looking at the correct sailing, thinking I must be doing something wrong. 

At first I thought all the open insides were because they were upgrading to open balconies, but by the time I finished, I realized that was not the case.  Virtually all cabin types increased in vacancy today.

Open Cabin Stats:  

7 new havens open  (sold out for weeks)

9 Concierge Suites

39 Mini-Suites

82 Balconies

27 Oceanviews

52 Insides

And my understanding is they only release 15 rooms at a time so there may be others available not showing yet.  This is a blood bath. 

2 hours ago, adamnoone said:

I’m still going on the Escape 03/28. I actually upgraded to an H7 from an MB yesterday for a great deal. 

I am on the same cruise and moved up from a cabin with a large balcony to an H7 (Forward facing haven suite) yesterday also.  I unfortunately did not realize that the balcony was not in the front but it is on the side of the cabin.  I am bummed about that.  It will be our first time actually staying in the Haven.   Are you part of the roll call and are you going to the meet and mingle?

3 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Booked the Escape yesterday, leaving 2/28.  Don’t see or hear any hysteria some claim.

Come join the roll call and the meet and mingle.  I also will be hosting a poker pub crawl.

2 minutes ago, parmus said:

And my understanding is they only release 15 rooms at a time so there may be others available not showing yet.  This is a blood bath. 

I know a site that shows all cabins...It's a pain in the #$$ to navigate, but you can count all cabins.

For example the BA category on this sailing went from 4 open cabins this morning to 21!

On the flip side, there was definitely a move by NCL to upgrade.  The B8 category was the only one that decreased -- going from 34 open to 15 open now.

However I agree, there is a ton of people bailing (Pun intended).

4 hours ago, donnajoedoc said:

I had the same question.  My friend wanted to cancel, but not I.  My TL called NCL and they told her both parties need to cancel.  In the case of you and your husband.  He could not cancel if you don't.  He could not show up and you could still go.  He'd get some money back, like port fees, etc, but the not his cruise fare.

Cruises are priced double- occupancy for the most part, so there is no refund to cruise fare anyway.  NCL might not want to deal with it now but a no-show isn't really any different (financially) than taking one person off of the cruise reservation.  As a solo traveler, I pay the same price that a couple would pay, less taxes and DSC.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GINNY L said:

Come join the roll call and the meet and mingle.  I also will be hosting a poker pub crawl.

Thanks, Ginny!  Just sent my cabin and name information to your email.  I'd be interested in the poker pub crawl, too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2WisconsinCruisers said:

We are scheduled to leave on Norwegian Bliss on March 22nd out of NYC port and everyone around me is driving me nuts about whether or not we are going to cancel. How many of you are still keeping your March cruise reservations? Do you think the cruise ships will be half-full, or do you think new reservations fill canceled spots? I'm sick of people panicking!! We plan on keeping our reservation! 

Sailing Encore 3/15 and keeping ours. Comparing available a few days ago to today, I’d guess 10-20% are cancelling. It’s hard to say since you can only see 15 available cabins in a category, but most were GTY and now most show 15 available cabins. 20+ Haven cabins now available when there were 4 or 5 left a few days ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I know a site that shows all cabins...It's a pain in the #$$ to navigate, but you can count all cabins.

Could you kindly shoot me a PM with the name of it, if that's allowed/OK? I would appreciate that immensely!