Edge in San Juan Today

GREG781

9 hours ago, shark Fan said:

My parents are on this cruise.  Bad weather, they are going to try in the morning.  Edge will miss Tortola on this cruise.

Two other ships that left Florida  the same day as the Edge arrived in San Juan yesterday on time.  What's up with the Edge arriving over 12 hours late?

3 hours ago, keesar said:

Two other ships that left Florida  the same day as the Edge arrived in San Juan yesterday on time.  What's up with the Edge arriving over 12 hours late?

All women crew...had to stop for some shopping.  🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Hi all. Cruise Critic is onboard, and we skipped Tortola due to bad weather. We've had nothing but rough seas for two days, and it took us longer than expected to reach San Juan. We were supposed to arrive yesterday but didn't get here until today, which meant skipping Tortola. It had nothing -- I repeat, nothing -- to do with coronavirus, in case anyone was wondering.

On another note, the sailing has been fabulous, and the women at the helm are incredible. Stay tuned for our coverage of the International Women's Day events. Never have I felt so much palpable positive energy in one place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ashley@cruisecritic said:

Hi all. Cruise Critic is onboard, and we skipped Tortola due to bad weather. We've had nothing but rough seas for two days, and it took us longer than expected to reach San Juan. We were supposed to arrive yesterday but didn't get here until today, which meant skipping Tortola. It had nothing -- I repeat, nothing -- to do with coronavirus, in case anyone was wondering.

On another note, the sailing has been fabulous, and the women at the helm are incredible. Stay tuned for our coverage of the International Women's Day events. Never have I felt so much palpable positive energy in one place.

That is awesome, we love Captain Kate. Is it true that she will be going on leave after this sailing?

Two other ships also dealt with the same seas but made it to San Juan as scheduled yesterday.  These two ships left Florida the same afternoon as Edge.  A couple of weeks ago, we had 15-20 foot seas on the Equinox and made it to San Juan early.  Other factors must be involved.

By the way, it is 75 and mostly sunny in Tortola today.  If I was on that cruise, I would be really upset.

4 hours ago, esp15 said:

That is awesome, we love Captain Kate. Is it true that she will be going on leave after this sailing?

EDGE is the "home"  ship for Cap Costas. (His baby)   We.sailed with him twice on EDGE.  After our Nov sailing he went on vacation and Cap Kate joined...maybe he is returning?

16 hours ago, keesar said:

Two other ships also dealt with the same seas but made it to San Juan as scheduled yesterday.  These two ships left Florida the same afternoon as Edge.  A couple of weeks ago, we had 15-20 foot seas on the Equinox and made it to San Juan early.  Other factors must be involved.

By the way, it is 75 and mostly sunny in Tortola today.  If I was on that cruise, I would be really upset.

We took a different route than planned to get to San Juan. The swells on the new route were only half the size. Not sure which way the other ships went, so it's possible that's why. San Juan was lovely, by the way. No complaints here.

16 hours ago, keesar said:

we’re all definitely upset

6 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Cruisers missed  the best port in my opinion.  Tortola is a fun place and usually the weather is great. Great beaches and snorkeling to start.

When one ship is cruising at 14 knots and others are moving at nearly 20 knots, it is easy to see why one ship was significantly delayed in arriving in San Juan.  Basic math.  

On 3/12/2020 at 9:18 AM, Luckiestmanonearth said:

When you say "all," you speak for everyone onboard. I was onboard, and I wasn't upset. Given the state of things right now, we could have experienced far more setbacks than we did on our sailing, so I'd count us as pretty darn lucky to have made it to the ports we did.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1