Is there a reason I SHOULDN'T book Celebrity Cruise Air?

Elusive_Cruiser

Looked into Celebrity Air.  I could beat their price, but not by much.  This was for the same flight(s), too.  My only reservations with using them is having flights change and them not being able to accommodate the changes.  They’re the booking agents.  If I’m the booking agent, I can work directly with the airlines.

I hope I’m wrong.  But, I don’t get the feeling they’d be all that accommodating to change me to another flight, on another airline, if things went sideways on any of my flights.

If the flights were much less expensive (same flights) than I could book myself, I would have probably looked at using Celebrity Air.  

28 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Looked into Celebrity Air.  I could beat their price, but not by much.  This was for the same flight(s), too.  My only reservations with using them is having flights change and them not being able to accommodate the changes.  They’re the booking agents.  If I’m the booking agent, I can work directly with the airlines.

I hope I’m wrong.  But, I don’t get the feeling they’d be all that accommodating to change me to another flight, on another airline, if things went sideways on any of my flights.

If the flights were much less expensive (same flights) than I could book myself, I would have probably looked at using Celebrity Air.  

We had no problems having CA change flights after American Airlines changed them 3 times for our recently canceled Infinity cruise this September.  We had business class tickets to Spain home from Portugal.  Now that the cruise was canceled we are getting a full cash refund of $6600 from Celebrity. We used CA for our first class tickets for our rebooked Equinox cruise in August, we got RT flights from San Antonio to FLL on Delta for $596pp which was $400pp less than booking direct. I would highly recommend CA over direct booking with airlines.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We had no problems having CA change flights after American Airlines changed them 3 times for our recently canceled Infinity cruise this September.  We had business class tickets to Spain home from Portugal.  Now that the cruise was canceled we are getting a full cash refund of $6600 from Celebrity. We used CA for our first class tickets for our rebooked Equinox cruise in August, we got RT flights from San Antonio to FLL on Delta for $596pp which was $400pp less than booking direct. I would highly recommend CA over direct booking with airlines.

Sounds good.  That's the way it's supposed to work.

I've been sort of turned off by Celebrity Air.  Just saw a post in another thread stating a Celebrity Air passenger's flight was cancelled and the airlines would not refund/rebook the passenger.  And, since the passenger didn't make the booking directly with the airline, the airline could not help them.

Celebrity Air could not accommodate the passenger. so they're stuck in limbo, or on the hook for paying out of pocket for another flight in the hopes they can get a refund from Celebrity Air for the cancelled flight.

I'm hoping it will work out for them.  But, no guarantees.

My fights aren't nearly as complex.  I was able to book directly with Delta, on the exact same dates, for a little bit less than than Celebrity Air.  Plus, my flights are more suitable (direct vs layovers), with better times on the return flight.

That said, my flights aren't more than 120-150 minutes in duration.

On 6/27/2021 at 1:34 PM, BooseBag said:

Air Help: Booked with Celebrity's Air and lost the confirm email.  Wanted to go back into website and check the price but cant find a way to do that.  I can sign in and get the flight info but it does not show what I was charged.  Any suggestions ?

You can call Celebrity Air and have them resend your confirmation email.