Live from the Veendam March 11

skylane182

Wonderful meal in the pinnacle grill last night. Today is a sea day as we head to Jamaica.  No announcements about any changes in our itinerary as of yet.  It’s a very quiet ship - no waiting for anything.   Crew has been very attentive and upbeat.  Saw them actually cleaning/ sanitizing  the chips at roulette last night. Great piano player on board - Stryker 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, skylane182 said:

Great piano player on board - Stryker 

Stryker is fabulous! You are fortunate to have him aboard.
Unfortunately, HAL is letting him go soon because he doesn't fit in with their Billboard on Board concept. HAL has ruined a decent concept of the piano bar and is getting rid of its best musicians in the process. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RuthC said:

Unfortunately, HAL is letting him go soon because he doesn't fit in with their Billboard on Board concept. HAL has ruined a decent concept of the piano bar and is getting rid of its best musicians in the process. 

The Billboard on Board performances that I have attended are enjoyable.  My objection is that they tend to be "scripted".  When they are performing what guests request, I enjoy them more.

I have never experienced Stryker.   My favorite two piano bar artists were Diana Fast (if I recall her name correctly) and Perry Grant.  I enjoyed Perry's act on a HAL ship.  Next enjoyed his act on Celebrity Eclipse.  Diana had her "groupies" during my cruise.  Those evenings when her husband who was a bass player joined her were special.  Perry had his "groupies" as well.

Not sure anyone cares at this point due to pausing of cruising.  In Jamaica today - European residents not allowed off the ship.  Also just heard grand cayman will not allow us in port, so captain is seeing if we can arrive early in Cozumel. Mood on the ship feels melancholy, which is understandable.  No health issues on board that I’ve heard of.  

• Like 1

skylane,

Thanks for posting about the Veendam. My daughter Carol, and family (spouse and two teenage boys) are on the ship with you. They don't have internet and you are our only link to what's happening on the ship. Very much appreciate you keeping us informed.

Phil..................floridacruisers 

Edited by floridacruisers
typo error

Good morning from Cozumel !  Great day at sea yesterday with wonderful surf and turf dinner.  Stryker back at the piano bar playing broadway hits was wonderful.  We arrived at port at 8 am and need to be back on board by 9:30 pm.  Weather has been fabulous the entire trip! 

• Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 9:12 AM, puppycanducruise said:

Thanks for the update.

Enjoy this cruise for us.

Final day at sea,  we are expected to dock in FLL at 7 am.  Crew has been wonderful - no issues on board that we are aware of.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

HMMMMM -- Broward port schedule has Veendam listed as arriving at 5:30 AM.

That’s probably at the pilot station (that’s the normal time she’s been getting there).  7 AM is alongside, tied up, gangway attached and cleared by officials.