Will Transatlantic cruises be allowed in March and April?

It seems that transatlantic cruises are especially in a pickle! Will they be allowed to go over with passengers who may not be allowed to return to the USA with the new travel ban from Europe? 

I imagine cruises to  Great Britain would be okay.I

Cunard should be okay since they also go to England

17 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

It seems that transatlantic cruises are especially in a pickle! Will they be allowed to go over with passengers who may not be allowed to return to the USA with the new travel ban from Europe? 

I imagine cruises to  Great Britain would be okay.I

Cunard should be okay since they also go to England

Allure left a few days ago from FLL. heading one way to Barcelona with 5000+ onboard. 

On 3/12/2020 at 4:13 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Allure left a few days ago from FLL. heading one way to Barcelona with 5000+ onboard. 

The Allure is tied up at Southampton and now what?  The last we heard, Spain has closed all their ports to cruise ships.  So the Allure finds itself in England with no place to go?

Hank

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What confuses me is that the TA we’re booked on ;Celebrity Infinity ,Miami to Rome in April of ‘21, is still being sold on Celebrity’s website. 
The Infinity is currently sailing around off of Greece. Would the really bring her back to Miami just for a  few short Caribbean cruises (also still being sold) prior to loading up and sailing back to the Med?

At some point Celebrity is committing fraud by continuing to sell a “product” that doesn’t exist. 

7 hours ago, DreadPirateRobert said:

What confuses me is that the TA we’re booked on ;Celebrity Infinity ,Miami to Rome in April of ‘21, is still being sold on Celebrity’s website. 
The Infinity is currently sailing around off of Greece. Would the really bring her back to Miami just for a  few short Caribbean cruises (also still being sold) prior to loading up and sailing back to the Med?

At some point Celebrity is committing fraud by continuing to sell a “product” that doesn’t exist. 

Just my opinion based on what little that I think I know, but you will not be sailing on that cruise.  The CDC ban on cruising extends until March 31st.  The cruise lines do seem to be positioning ships for the training, etc. that will be required before resuming service.  But, I expect--again, what do I know (?)--that the ban will be extended at least another two months to allow for more Americans and others to get vaccinated.  

Your comment about "fraud" interests me.  Personally, I think what they are doing is operating a version of a Ponzi scheme.  Illegal to be sure and if their "house of cards" collapse and bankruptcy takes place for any of them, some Officers will be spending some time in the brig.  

Truly, I don't understand why people still make "contributions" to these companies without a much better assurance that the product that they are buying will actually be a product that they receive.  They must have more money with which "to gamble" than I choose to do.