Thank you, Regal Princess

hylas102

I mostly just lurk on these boards, but I returned from the Regal Princess earlier this week and wanted to report what a lovely cruise we had and how well Princess handled a very challenging situation. 

This was our first cruise with Princess. We regularly sail in an upper suite on Celebrity but hate the new Edge-class ships and wanted to expand our options. An aft suite on the Regal seemed like the rough equivalent of a Celebrity royal suite. My husband and I have a critical eye but went in with an open mind. 

Princess surpassed Celebrity in some areas (the Enclave, better coffee, that bed!), fell short in others (food not quite as good, less all-inclusive/more a la carte), but overall gave us a great experience. The crew everywhere were friendly, helpful and efficient, the ship is beautiful and well-maintained, and we had an excellent cruise. The suite concierge, Magdalena, deserves a special shout out for being not only wonderful company but for going above and beyond to help and accommodate us in all things. 

There is no need to rehash what happened on disembarkation day, but from that first early morning announcement, the entire crew made a concerted effort to keep us happy, comfortable and well-informed. We usually dread disembarkation day but Princess made it a pleasure, and under the worst possible circumstances. (Disembarkation itself was a bit chaotic, which we expected, but they could do a better job of having a true separate priority embarkation/disembarkation.)  This was our first Princess cruise but they have earned our loyalty and gratitude, both for a solid cruise experience and grace under fire.

We are very sad about how the coronavirus situation is impacting the cruise industry and the world more generally.  I hope the panic subsides and things take a turn for the better soon so we can get back to doing what we love most--cruising!

• Like 5

We were on this same cruise and I agree completely. It was an unprecedented event that was handled with courtesy and efficiency. Congratulations to the Captain and all his crew for an amazing job. Looking forward to another Princess Cruise in the future. 

Nice review 🙂 I love my Princess cruises but split my time between Princess, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean. Unfortunately my cruise on the Regal would have been 3/22 and is now canceled. Princess has offered a 225% future cruise credit if I schedule another cruise or if I want a refund, it will be 100% refund and 100% future cruise credit. I will wait several days to decide which I want to do. I have another cruise booked with them on Caribbean Princess on 6/5. Here's hoping this whole situation will be straightened out by then!

We were on the same voyage and I agree Princess did as well as they could.  Captain Tim kept us informed and provided free internet and phone calls to help us rearrange our onward travel.  In addition, we were providing a $300 hotel credit and Princess is paying our air change fees.

hylas102-

Thank you for posting this! We love the Regal and usually get an aft premium balcony

(on a deck with the lager balconies).

We were on the Regal September 2018 and then the Celebrity Reflection Oct. 2018.

We were very disappointed with the Reflection- very

substandard food (buffet always had flies sitting on the different ingredients for stir fry),

an hour plus to get food in the dining room, snooty bartenders, etc. 

So, now we stay with Princess and it is nice that you enjoyed it as well.