30% off sale

splintz

Looking to take advantage of some of the deals NCL is offering.  I am looking at a cruise summer 2021.  kids free, all the free at sea promotions, $120 obc, and 30% off.  cruise out of miami on the sky family of 4 in a family oceanview for $3182 including all the taxes and gratuities for open bar and dining plan.  the website states today is the last day.  i was debating booking today or seeing if there will be a better deal next week.  i know at the beginning of the week the 30% off sale stated ending today then the next day it stated ending in 3 days.  do you think the deals will get better or just go up?

4 minutes ago, splintz said:

Looking to take advantage of some of the deals NCL is offering.  I am looking at a cruise summer 2021.  kids free, all the free at sea promotions, $120 obc, and 30% off.  cruise out of miami on the sky family of 4 in a family oceanview for $3182 including all the taxes and gratuities for open bar and dining plan.  the website states today is the last day.  i was debating booking today or seeing if there will be a better deal next week.  i know at the beginning of the week the 30% off sale stated ending today then the next day it stated ending in 3 days.  do you think the deals will get better or just go up?

It would be a complete guessing game.  My rule of thumb is if you are happy with the price and perks, then pull the trigger.  If the price dramatically changes between now and final payment, you can rebook with the current rates and promos at that time. 

The 30% off sale is a joke. Jacked prices around start of the year then had 30% off.

Related,  I happened to check solo deals yesterday.  Of the 400+ that showed up, most were just double the price and no waiving of supplement.

Deal of the decade which is what, 75 days?   Very near term sailings do have some real deals.

Check the posts buried now due to current events about this sale.

The 30% off sale is a sham. Things like 3&4th guest free are definitely more valuable. I think I would hold off on booking right now. NCL artificially inflated all prices on Monday before the new cancellation policy went into effect on Tuesday in order to keep people from simply cancelling and re-booking for better deals. Prices have been "locked" all week due to this. I would definitely wait until things settle down before booking anything as far out as next summer.

48 minutes ago, splintz said:

The 30% off sale started at Thanksgiving and has been “ending in 3 days” ever since. The “take all” offer is one of the better offers and the basic perks have not changed in 3 years (yeah sometimes free extra guests, sometimes tax free, sometimes free DSC). 

That doesn't seem like a good price to me, but if you are happy with then book. I have never paid that much on any cruise line and we usually travel as 4 in a balcony. However, we never travel during the summer or during school vacations which is why we get a good price. The "sale" never ends. The getting all perks no matter your category is new. Well, not new but not done as regularly as the 30% "sale". I have never seen prices fluctuate based on the "sale". The only true "sale" is when the offer an extra 20% for past guests. This isn't done on every cruise. There is a selection that seems to vary by month. I would personally not pay any deposit that was not fully refundable before final payment. No matter when you book always check regularly for price drops. Before final payment you can reprice. After final payment you may be able to upgrade for just a little bit extra is there is a price drop in the category above.

Summer and anytime schools are out the rates definitely go up. The maim thing I am looking at is the kids cruise free incentive. Looking in summer 2021 there is only like 4 cruises with this incentive. I was looking for one of the newer ships but none of those available. Last summer I was able to do the bliss in Alaska with the kids cruise free. 

I think the jack up in prices on Monday is because they know they will be canceling cruises. The POA cancelation offered a 150% FCC, if other's follow suit, they need to cover the 50% extra FCC. And as JamieLogical states above, also to stop people from canceling just to rebook at a lower price. I believe by EOD today, we will here announcements about cancellations from the rest of the industry. 

Edited by Chris_2448