Flying from UK for cruise in week's time

champagne lover

21 minutes ago, champagne lover said:

We should be flying next Friday for a cruise from Miami on 23rd, hoping Celebrity cancel the cruise but also BA cancels flights as really not sure we want to be flying to Florida any more. If we cancel flights we lose everything. Anyone else in this situation?

Yes. If BA cancel the flights then we can take the X FCC, and start again next year. However if the flights still go, we then will decide whether to cancel the cruise, then we have a land tour mapped out. TBH I’m more excited by the land trip than I am for the cruise now...  I am worried Mr T may suddenly ban everyone who has been to Mexico. 

Edited by little britain

Hi, we are in similar situation, departing end of march to join ship 3rd April. Our flights were booked with BA. If we cancel now, we lose a lot of money, its a waiting game to see if Celebrity cancels, and then hope BA will let us also cancel with a refund, or switch to another holiday/date perhaps. I have a feeling things will be changing daily. Just keep monitoring.

I too am in same position, but flying Virgin on Friday 21. I had an email from them they are allowing changes, travel needs to be completed by end September.

It may be worth contacting BA as to deferring? 

I am holding until Monday I think, in the hopes!! of cancellation. Not sure that is likely given their financials.

I've read that BA will allow changes free of charge for US destinations for travel up to 11th April.

You need to have used the change by end of July though.

We are due out to NY on the 24th for an NCL cruise. We are sitting tight at the mo though to see how things pan out over the next few days

We are on the Reflection sailing on the 13th April. Business class flights into Fort Lauderdale  with Virgin, 2 days prior.

As of now we have no intention of cancelling, obviously things may change.

As mentioned above Virgin are only allowing changes for flights taken up to the end of September. That’s no good to us.

2 minutes ago, bluwes said:

We are on the Reflection sailing on the 13th April. Business class flights into Fort Lauderdale  with Virgin, 2 days prior.

As of now we have no intention of cancelling, obviously things may change.

As mentioned above Virgin are only allowing changes for flights taken up to the end of September. That’s no good to us.

Yes same here...we need a refund or at least a year to take the changed flight

my email from BA said

BOOKING WITH CONFIDENCE 
We fully understand that many of our customers want to change their travel plans given the evolving COVID-19 situation, so we have put a number of measures in place so that you can book with confidence with British Airways. 

We are giving additional levels of flexibility to customers with bookings made between 3 and 31 March 2020. If you need to change the travel date on your booking, we are waiving all change fees (a fare difference may apply). This applies to any British Airways flight, in any cabin, whether booked directly with us or through a travel agent. If you need to cancel your flight, we will give you a voucher to the value of that flight which can be used across the British Airways network up to 12 months from the original date of departure. (Changes exclude franchise airlines Comair and Sun-Air).

1 minute ago, downsmead said:

my email from BA said

BOOKING WITH CONFIDENCE 
We fully understand that many of our customers want to change their travel plans given the evolving COVID-19 situation, so we have put a number of measures in place so that you can book with confidence with British Airways. 

We are giving additional levels of flexibility to customers with bookings made between 3 and 31 March 2020. If you need to change the travel date on your booking, we are waiving all change fees (a fare difference may apply). This applies to any British Airways flight, in any cabin, whether booked directly with us or through a travel agent. If you need to cancel your flight, we will give you a voucher to the value of that flight which can be used across the British Airways network up to 12 months from the original date of departure. (Changes exclude franchise airlines Comair and Sun-Air).

We made our booking last year, so this will not apply to us.

51 minutes ago, downsmead said:

The wording is confusing, but 'booking' refers to the date of your flight, not when you made the booking (I think!!)

With due respect.    Booking date is the date in which you made the reservation NOT when the flight is.  An example would be that in the U.S. you can cancel within 24 hours of booking date and time. 

OK, thanks. Wishful thinking on my part!

Like a lot of people we booked our Miami RT quite a while ago and I was hoping we may salvage some money from the flight (apart from the taxes) but it appears not.

When we pull the plug on the cruise, I will ring BA and see what can be done. 

The chances are that bookings made in early March are, on the the whole, likely to be for some time in the future, not necessarily over this crisis period.

Just checked the link - hope they will extend it as our flights are the 19th April.

Here’s What You Need To Know:

• All bookings made through British Airways as a BA flight or BA codeshare and that were made by 11 March 2020 are covered by the new temporary waiver.
  • The waiver covers travel booked through 11 April 2020.
  • New travel must take place between 12 April and 1 August 2020.
  • Only one change is being permitted.
  • Customers who are in the middle of a trip, as well as customers yet to start their trips, are covered.
  • The new waiver permits changes to where customers are starting and ending their trips
  • Award bookings are covered by the new waiver policy
  • Refunds will not be offered but customers who have yet to start their trips can request a voucher (valid for future travel with British Airways) to the full value of their flights.
  • Change fees are being waived but any fare differences will have to be paid by customers changing their flights.