"Not Available"

JamieLogical

2 minutes ago, parmus said:

Just looked at my sailing 3/22. Joy Mexican riviera.  Every category sold out

I did my daily look-up on the 3/22 sailing at lunch to count open cabins again.

Occupancy is now at 61%.  Over 690 open cabins (200 more than yesterday).

But as we're all seeing, NCL has suspended March bookings despite plenty of open cabins.  

5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Sunday morning. *fingers crossed*

I hope you get a final answer on both legs before you leave the house Sunday.  Your planned trip sounds amazing.

2 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

But as we're all seeing, NCL has suspended March bookings despite plenty of open cabins.  

When I last checked my 3/15 Bliss sailing out of NYC around 11:00EDT, there were 1139 open rooms, which puts the ship at 44% full.

Possibly not related, but there's a thread on the RCI board about a crew member (possibly entertainment?) posting on Facebook that she's out of a job for two months.

Perhaps has to do with Mr. Trump's announcement today? Perhaps NCL is finding that their potential profit no longer outweighs the risks? Perhaps it's just a glitch? Perhaps NCL is changing the pricing model? I tried a cruise place on the web for non-NCL cruises, and it seemed ok. 

Edited by wampuscat7

12 minutes ago, LS6Caddy said:

28th Breakaway sailing to the Caribbean (the cruise I currently have booked...but currently don't know if I am taking) is still showing rooms available.

And just like that this sailing is showing sold out.  

Something is definitely happening.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I’m glad you looked elsewhere.  Guessing they’ve stopped everything owning the prez conference  I just got an email that my Excursions have been cancelled

Yup, this is a signal for sure!

After I cancelled our upcoming cruise (was to leave this Sunday), I checked NCL and did a fake booking for the Getaway..."Surprise" there were several newly available Haven cabins for what was previously sold out.   At least 5 or 6 in the Aft were available (just Haven).

But I went on last night and they were all "sold".  I was like - wow I missed a fire sale on Haven cabins!!!...thinking not so much now.

12 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Let’s all relax till we hear. Their systems are probably overloaded like the stock markets and might just temporarily be down 

See my post #37

Edited by parmus

8 minutes ago, parmus said:

I’m glad you looked elsewhere.  Guessing they’ve stopped everything owning the prez conference  I just got an email that my Excursions have been cancelled

8 minutes ago, parmus said:

I have a cruise scheduled for April 8 and haven’t received an email. When is your cruise?

I can no longer find it but someone on FB posted a letter from the Senate to NCL regarding their miscommunication to customers as well as strongly urging them to suspend sailings. I should have taken a screen shot.