Current and Scheduled Location of Celebrity's Active Fleet

mahdnc

13 hours ago, after disembarking her passengers, Solstice left Sydney Harbour.  Marine Traffic has her destination listed as Sydney, 36 hours from now.  Her current position (along with other cruise ships in the area) is depicted below.  Both the Overseas Passenger Terminal and White Bay Cruise Terminal do not have any cruise ships docked at present.

Mar 20 2020 Sydney Ship Position.png

Edited by mahdnc

Some changes since the last time I posted:

Constellation left Cyprus and is now heading to Piraeus.

As we all know, after spending several days at San Antonio and Valparaiso, Eclipse is finally on the long road home to San Diego.

EDGE has relocated from Freeport and is now anchored at CoCo Cay along with Reflection.

Infinity is stretching her legs and is sailing around the Tampa area.

Millennium has relocated from Ensenada and is currently anchored at San Diego, just outside the bay.

Solstice is also stretching her legs and is sailing around the Sydney area.

Ship Location as of Mar 22.JPG

Edited by mahdnc

I assume Solstice will be heading back to the USA ready for the Alaska season? (if it goes ahead)... I know celebrity are still selling 2 April cruises on Solstice - April 14 from Auckland to Sydney and the following one from Sydney to Hawaii... but the April 14th Cruise can't go ahead because all cruise ships are banned from NZ until 30th June - the following cruise is surely in doubt too because it includes 2 stops in NZ and 2 in Tahiti / Bora bora (which is also closed to cruise ships until further notice)

11 minutes ago, hockeymom32 said:

Is Flora currently sailing and if so, where is the ship now?

Flora is currently over at the Baltra/Santa Cruz Island area.  She is not doing any sailings right now.

I heard they had been planning  to rotate the ships through Coco Cay, to allow the crew some time off.  Unfortunately, COVID-19 has been found in the area, so the ships are staying at sea and no beach time for the crew now. 

My guess is they will start sending crew home if they can get flights.  It is one thing to keep them on board for a month then resume.  They have another 45 or so days.  That is a long time to pay crew to not work fully.  If there are a lot of crew from the same places, it might be worth it to the cruise lines to charter flights to send people home, particularly if their contracts will be ending during the stoppage time.  

• 2 weeks later...

Solstice was restocked and refuelled with provisions  yesterday in a massive operation in Sydney Harbour, along with four other ships. All were required to leave  Australian waters under Border Force orders. Solstice is currently south of Sydney and heading to Singapore

The Ruby Princess is still anchored  outside Sydney . Over 600 cases of COVID19 have been linked to this ship. 

Edited by Boatharbour

On 3/24/2020 at 8:14 PM, Algebralovr said:

I heard they had been planning  to rotate the ships through Coco Cay, to allow the crew some time off.  Unfortunately, COVID-19 has been found in the area, so the ships are staying at sea and no beach time for the crew now.  

Unless the Bahamas have lifted their ban on cruise ships, Celebrity wouldn't be able to dock in Coco Cay anyways.

5 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

Solstice was restocked and refuelled with provisions  yesterday in a massive operation in Sydney Harbour, along with four other ships. All were required to leave  Australian waters under Border Force orders. Solstice is currently south of Sydney and heading to Singapore

The Ruby Princess is still anchored  outside Sydney . Over 600 cases of COVID19 have been linked to this ship. 

Thanks for the info. MarineTraffic has her listed as going to Singapore, but it didn't make sense to me since she was heading south, so I didn't record that. 

Similarly, MarineTraffic has Constellation listed as heading to St. George, Bermuda although she was sailing towards Piraeus and not away from there, so I don't know what to make of that either.  

4 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Thanks for the info. MarineTraffic has her listed as going to Singapore, but it didn't make sense to me since she was heading south, so I didn't record that. 

Similarly, MarineTraffic has Constellation listed as heading to St. George, Bermuda although she was sailing towards Piraeus and not away from there, so I don't know what to make of that either.  

I thought it was odd too, but the news report said the destination was Singapore. 

Last time I checked  she  was heading down past Eden off the south coast of NSW - which is in the opposite direction to Singapore. I believe there are sick crew on board, so maybe they want to stay close to Australian waters as long as they by taking the long route. 

5 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

I thought it was odd too, but the news report said the destination was Singapore. 

Last time I checked  she  was heading down past Eden off the south coast of NSW - which is in the opposite direction to Singapore. I believe there are sick crew on board, so maybe they want to stay close to Australian waters as long as they by taking the long route. 

It does make a total sense as they wiggle their way to Singapore by 15 days (covering 14 days of infection-free ship, supposedly...), She is due to arrive (not dock, mind you) to Singapore on April 19th, per Marine Tracker. If you go North, it would take faster than 2 weeks. 
This is the only reasonable explanation to me.

The other thing is that Singapore banned all cruise ships to dock. I assume Solstice will cry out for humanitarian help but I doubt this would work because Singapore is very strict (I know as I live here) and I fear that poor crew members would have to look for another port...

I am just speechless - how greed took over the common sense in the minds of RCCL execs.

Nothing of this nonsense with poor ships floating around the globe and desperately trying to unload crew members - left alone a few STILL with passengers - should have happen if not their greed and thirst for extra bucks.

They should be punished for their tax evasion tricks, for hiring tens of thousands cheap laborers from Asia, for their greed in the times of war with coronavirus. 
I live in Asia for 11 years. I am responsibly telling you that the massacre that happens now in the US COULD HAVE been avoided if the federal government followed the examples of Taiwan, Singapore, and South Korea.
These three were hit hard by SARS, and ever since they sharpened their tools to fight ANY pandemic. Taiwan has less than 400 cases by now, for 24 mln population. Read how they did it. It is VERY eyeopening.

8 minutes ago, marylander2 said:

I live in Asia for 11 years. I am responsibly telling you that the massacre that happens now in the US COULD HAVE been avoided if the federal government followed the examples of Taiwan, Singapore, and South Korea.
These three were hit hard by SARS, and ever since they sharpened their tools to fight ANY pandemic. Taiwan has less than 400 cases by now, for 24 mln population. Read how they did it. It is VERY eyeopening.

I totally agree with you and you would hope that other country's will learn the lesson.

But I fear that within a few years the politicians will forget what happened and start cutting back to save money.

Just now, peter1956 said:

I totally agree with you and you would hope that other country's will learn the lesson.

But I fear that within a few years the politicians will forget what happened and start cutting back to save money.

Politicians can.

I - and I hope you as well - will not. 

The world will be different after all of this.

13 hours ago, Boatharbour said:

I would have thought Solstice would head back to USA to get ready for the Alaska season on 1st July? (If it goes ahead)

On 4/5/2020 at 6:22 AM, Muffinz said:

I would have thought Solstice would head back to USA to get ready for the Alaska season on 1st July? (If it goes ahead)

I can't find the link, though there are several - the Solstice was a part of several Royal ships that are reshuffling crew in order to sail them back to their home ports.  Crews are being deployed.  In some instances, charter flights are being booked, but what is being talked about here was a part of the operation to move crew via the lifeboats between ships, in order to sail them home.

10 hours ago, lexmiller said:

I can't find the link, though there are several - the Solstice was a part of several Royal ships that are reshuffling crew in order to sail them back to their home ports.  Crews are being deployed.  In some instances, charter flights are being booked, but what is being talked about here was a part of the operation to move crew via the lifeboats between ships, in order to sail them home.

This is what I heard was to happen.  There were chartered flights out of Florida last week with crew from a number of ships.  I’m sure more of that will be happening.

1 hour ago, cle-guy said:

Why do some ships just run circles, rather than anchor and sit still?  Seems sitting still would save fuel?

And how many are really at anchor and not simply using their dynamic positioning system?