Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

21 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Optimism abounds with cruiselines starting here again.

I agree and some of it is on FB.   Did I hear right with the NSW Premier saying international travel in November?  Not for me though but local cruises yes.

59 minutes ago, Snoopkat said:

Assuming this is a paid upgrade, the cynic in me thinks it's more a revenue raising exercise than the cruise line actually believing cruises will go ahead this year. 

No, it wasn't a paid upgrade. She had booked an obstructed oceanview and got an email overnight advising she had been upgraded to a premium Caribe balcony. A very nice upgrade and totally unexpected!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SinbadThePorter said:

I can't see anything to indicate that the government is talking to the cruise lines. As a result I don't think the cruise lines are any better informed than the rest of us.

We're guessing, they're guessing.

That said, I've been getting more optimistic about P&O starting local cruises next July(ish), and the other cruise lines in October(ish). 😁

But there is nothing to indicate there isn't talks going on behind the scenes either, and there have been other indicators that a restart might be coming. But much will depend on vaccination rates, I suspect. The crunch time for a decision will come at the end of this month - the final payment dates for the December Princess cruises are in early October.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rassa said:

I agree and some of it is on FB.   Did I hear right with the NSW Premier saying international travel in November?  Not for me though but local cruises yes.

Qantas want to start international flights in November or December, I can't remember which.

I think the tourist industry is getting antsy!

• Like 1

We were booked on the Royal Princess Hong Kong to Sydney August 2022 (rescheduled from Aug 2021.) Have just received an email to say that due to redeployment, we will now be on the Sapphire.

So Sapphire must be in Asia before August 2022 to start their repositioning cruise to Sydney

We have cruised on Sapphire twice before and actually prefer the Grand class ships.

We booked a minisuite on the Royal (at a great price), so will be interesting to see where they put us on the Sapphire, as we also book the caribe balconys. Dont want to give up our fist mini suite.

Cheers

Tanya

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stki said:

We were booked on the Royal Princess Hong Kong to Sydney August 2022 (rescheduled from Aug 2021.) Have just received an email to say that due to redeployment, we will now be on the Sapphire.

So Sapphire must be in Asia before August 2022 to start their repositioning cruise to Sydney

We have cruised on Sapphire twice before and actually prefer the Grand class ships.

We booked a minisuite on the Royal (at a great price), so will be interesting to see where they put us on the Sapphire, as we also book the caribe balconys. Dont want to give up our fist mini suite.

Cheers

Tanya

I think she was. I looked at the Sapphire itineraries and there was a big gap from end of April 2022 to October 2022 when she was originally scheduled for South America itineraries.A gap like that usually means cruising somewhere like China where bookings can't be made through Princess.

They should give you a minisuite on Sapphire.

I'll be watching the Princess website closely. We haven't go anything booked for the latter part of 2022 other than a Cunard Christmas cruise (our third attempt to try Cunard). I'd rather cruise on Sapphire than Royal so might sneak in an extra cruise once she reaches Sydney. I'd be tempted by the repositioning cruise but don't really want to go to Hong Kong. Still ...

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think she was. I looked at the Sapphire itineraries and there was a big gap from end of April 2022 to October 2022 when she was originally scheduled for South America itineraries.A gap like that usually means cruising somewhere like China where bookings can't be made through Princess.

They should give you a minisuite on Sapphire.

I'll be watching the Princess website closely. We haven't go anything booked for the latter part of 2022 other than a Cunard Christmas cruise (our third attempt to try Cunard). I'd rather cruise on Sapphire than Royal so might sneak in an extra cruise once she reaches Sydney. I'd be tempted by the repositioning cruise but don't really want to go to Hong Kong. Still ...

The Sapphire is due to do the South American itinerary's from December., so maybe they are going to send another ship to do these cruises. I expect there is a lot of changes in the next 12 months.

32 minutes ago, aycee said:

Well, according to my vessel finder app, Celebrity Eclipse has left Singapore waters and is heading for Hawaii. Make of that what you will !!!

It’s starting in Los Angeles , but it has to do tests and get a certification first.

it has just finished dry dock in Singapore.

image.jpeg.966659779808562262b148dffeb3fb27.jpeg

56 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, it wasn't a paid upgrade. She had booked an obstructed oceanview and got an email overnight advising she had been upgraded to a premium Caribe balcony. A very nice upgrade and totally unexpected!

Oh that is a lovely surprise!

52 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Qantas want to start international flights in November or December, I can't remember which.

I think the tourist industry is getting antsy!

Qantas is aiming for Dec 21 in time for Christmas and Virgin has the same target. So much has to happen before we get there though, like getting different countries to recognise each other's digital vaccine certs for a start, setting up/reinstating travel bubbles etc.

Royal Caribbean said a December restart for them in Australia in an email to Crown and Anchor members today. 
I’d still guess domestic only but would be glad to see domestic cruising start in December as I have a Qld cruise with Carnival in March and would really like to go. 

25 minutes ago, Snoopkat said:

Qantas is aiming for Dec 21 in time for Christmas and Virgin has the same target. So much has to happen before we get there though, like getting different countries to recognise each other's digital vaccine certs for a start, setting up/reinstating travel bubbles etc.

And would you really want to go to a country where Covid is out of control, which many are? i.e. UK, Europe, USA, Asia, South and Central America.

28 minutes ago, M-H-B said:

Royal Caribbean said a December restart for them in Australia in an email to Crown and Anchor members today. 
I’d still guess domestic only but would be glad to see domestic cruising start in December as I have a Qld cruise with Carnival in March and would really like to go. 

I think they are just hyping it up as no ship has permission yet.

30 minutes ago, M-H-B said:

If it happened it would be a cruise to no where.  Doing circles off Sydney Heads.  Do you think Brisegas would want them? No !!

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It is in some States, would not be surprised if NSW was 2000 not out one day soon.  Vic got a century today.

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They are livin the dream, but they had better wake up soon.

I can’t see it getting under control and we can’t continue like we are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stki said:

The Sapphire is due to do the South American itinerary's from December., so maybe they are going to send another ship to do these cruises. I expect there is a lot of changes in the next 12 months.

Royal might be going to South America instead of Sapphire. 

Even if they let us sail what will be the rules regarding quarantining upon return.  Talk is of 14 days home quarantine after reaching 80% even if it is over a closed state border.  This is from ScoMo.  It is not just being allowed to go somewhere, it is can we come back home.  Ask Queenslanders who cannot go home yet due to quarantine restrictions or Victorians camping on the NSW/Vic border waiting to get permission to come back into Vic.

41 minutes ago, NSWP said:

If it happened it would be a cruise to no where.  Doing circles off Sydney Heads.  Do you think Brisegas would want them? No !!

RCI released a whole set of new itineraries last month for December onwards.

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

RCI released a whole set of new itineraries last month for December onwards.

Tell them they're dreaming.

We (Vic) have just had our lockdown extended until we reach 70% first jabs.  We will then be allowed to go 10 kms from home and 3 hours exercise.  Rules change all the time and not for the better.  Schools still not going back and very little lightening of restrictions announced.

How can cruise lines deal and plan with the uncertainty that surrounds us?