Cruises To Nowhere

43 minutes ago, irzero said:

You cant prove there isnt any more than I can prove I my statement. So what a pointless response to make. Well done you won the internet today.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I never made a statement about how many are infected. You did. And thanks!

Wow, how did this thread devolve for talking about the viability/legality of cruises to nowhere to discussing infection rates etc?

In summary...

1.  PVSA allows cruises to no-nowhere.

2.  The visa's that utilize for their foreign workers on their foreign flagged ships do not allow the crew members to staff such a ship that is doing an advertised cruise to no-where.

There is an alternate visa available. IT companies fight tooth and nail for these to bring IT professionals in over seas.  They spend countless hours and dollars to get these visas.  These visas aren't just for a few weeks they cover an extended period of time.  Somehow I don't think cruise lines want to get involved with this  just for a few short cruises to no-where

14 minutes ago, gatour said:

Wow, how did this thread devolve for talking about the viability/legality of cruises to nowhere to discussing infection rates etc?

In summary...

2.  The visas that cruise lines utilize for their foreign workers on their foreign flagged ships do not allow the crew members to staff such a ship that is doing an advertised cruise to no-where.

There is an alternate visa available. IT companies fight tooth and nail for these to bring IT professionals in over seas.  They spend countless hours and dollars to get these visas.  These visas aren't just for a few weeks they cover an extended period of time.  Somehow I don't think cruise lines want to get involved with this  just for a few short cruises to nowhere

I apologize. I honestly thought that the crew visa rules were in the PVSA.  Thank you for explaining everything, Chief.  And thank you for summarizing and bringing us back to the actual topic of this thread, gatour.  

🙂 

12 hours ago, gatour said:

In summary...

2.  The visa's that utilize for their foreign workers on their foreign flagged ships do not allow the crew members to staff such a ship that is doing an advertised cruise to no-where.

There is an alternate visa available. IT companies fight tooth and nail for these to bring IT professionals in over seas.  They spend countless hours and dollars to get these visas.  These visas aren't just for a few weeks they cover an extended period of time.  Somehow I don't think cruise lines want to get involved with this  just for a few short cruises to no-where

To be fair the OP was offering Cruises to Nowhere as a way to still cruise with the pandemic going on, so it's only natural that people would talk about said pandemic. It is a nice thought but not a viable one.

Hello,

Responding to the thread's title, I once spent four days on the QM2 going round-and-round the Isle of Wight (that bit of land you might hit when you leave Southampton a bit too quickly).

Regards,

Cublet