% of FCC vs % of refund

I am on the sailing June 7th, and have paid in full since we are past the final payment date. Does anyone know if I cancel now, will I get the full amount in FCC or do they still go by the regualr cancellation policy percentages. Meaning if I were to cancel now under normal circumstances, I would lose 25%, and get 75% in a refund. SO I'm wondering if I cancel today, will I just get 25% in FCC and 75% in a refund. Then waiting 2 more weeks would be a 50/50 split according the regualr cancellation policy.

15 minutes ago, tlbutler33 said:

I am on the sailing June 7th, and have paid in full since we are past the final payment date. Does anyone know if I cancel now, will I get the full amount in FCC or do they still go by the regualr cancellation policy percentages. Meaning if I were to cancel now under normal circumstances, I would lose 25%, and get 75% in a refund. SO I'm wondering if I cancel today, will I just get 25% in FCC and 75% in a refund. Then waiting 2 more weeks would be a 50/50 split according the regualr cancellation policy.

Best to call your TA or RC, whoever you booked with and ask. Do you want to go on the cruise? If so wait and see if RC cancels your cruise and if so you'll have the choice between FCC or a refund offers.

Edited by davekathy

16 minutes ago, tlbutler33 said:

Yes you would get back 75% to your credit card and 25% in FCC 

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes you would get back 75% to your credit card and 25% in FCC 

That's not what I've been told.  If you cancel under the current guidelines, you have to take the FCC + get refunded taxes/port charges.  If you take the 75% cash, that's it. 

I asked my TA about taking 25% cash and the rest (75%) in FCC if I cancel now under my circumstances.  🍷

2 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

That's not what I've been told.  If you cancel under the current guidelines, you have to take the FCC + get refunded taxes/port charges.  If you take the 75% cash, that's it. 

I asked my TA about taking 25% cash and the rest (75%) in FCC if I cancel now under my circumstances.  🍷

Thanks for the update 

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

It's more than 75%.  You get 75% of the fare net of port/fees + entire port/fees.  I cancelled my Easter Harmony cruise 1 day prior to the RCL announcement and got the 50% refund, however it worked out to 56% of the total cruise fare.  Now I'm trying to recover my loss from my CC under the trip cancellation/interruption benefit.