CC Refund of Canceled Add Ons Prior to Peace of Mind Cancelation

poffles

Did anyone that canceled 'extras' such as drink/dining, prepaid service charge, PRIOR to canceling under Peace of Mind actually see the refund on their credit card yet?  Maybe this takes a long time?  I have not sailed with NCL in long time so don't know what normal refund time would be with stuff like this so wold be interested to know what the norm might be.

Thanks all ... and stay safe!

1 minute ago, zqvol said:

I would not expect to see anything for at least six to eight weeks, and potentially it could be much longer.

Seriously ... six to eight weeks for a canceled item on my reservation???  Have you had experience with this in the past? That would be a long long time to wait even with the current times since this was before the call volume went up.

Ugh ... if that is the case. I am fine waiting (guess I have to be) I just don't like the unknown.

1 minute ago, poffles said:

Seriously ... six to eight weeks for a canceled item on my reservation???  Have you had experience with this in the past? That would be a long long time to wait even with the current times since this was before the call volume went up.

Ugh ... if that is the case. I am fine waiting (guess I have to be) I just don't like the unknown.

in the past refunds have appeared within minutes. Now no one knows anything but nothing would surprise me.

1 minute ago, zqvol said:

in the past refunds have appeared within minutes. Now no one knows anything but nothing would surprise me.

Oh okay ... so my wait is not the norm then. I will continue my wait and see then.  Thanks ...

27 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

I called on 3/9 to cancel my spa pass, water, internet, etc. The credits are on my credit card account today.

I did the same, but haven't seen the credit yet.  But thanks for the post.  There is hope!

• Like 1

My daughter and I purchased a paid upgrade to our (now cancelled) cruise on March 5. We had originally purchased a dining package, but the upgrade came with a free meal package.  My PCC said the original dining package would be refunded to my credit card.  I noticed it in my account yesterday.  So, just over a week.  

2 hours ago, Zippeedee said:

I called on 3/9 to cancel my spa pass, water, internet, etc. The credits are on my credit card account today.

I called on 3/9 too to get my pre-paid DSC refunded, but not on my card yet.   Sounds like it might be soon🤞

Thanks!

Edited by Sand and Seas

1 hour ago, bskmom said:

I cancelled my Thermal spa pass and prepaid grats on 3/6  no credit on my credit card yet!!

Clearly this takes longer than one would expect, at least we all have comparable experiences so there is comfort in that and I am good with the wait now.

2 hours ago, bskmom said:

I cancelled my Thermal spa pass and prepaid grats on 3/6  no credit on my credit card yet!!

I cancelled my entire cruise on 3/6 and I am still waiting for over $4500 on my credit card..

On 3/19/2020 at 6:19 PM, mnsweeps said:

I cancelled my entire cruise on 3/6 and I am still waiting for over $4500 on my credit card..

Have you seen the refunded $$ on you credit card yet?  Totally crazy to have to wait so long.   I keep looking for mine and nothing yet.

Have they explained why it might take up to 90 days. I mean, that is three full billing cycles on a credit card. Practically unheard of. Carnival is also posting 90 days, but MSC is at 60 which is too long. Royal is 30 days which is fair.

Edited by blcruising

When I emailed the NCL Concierge about the status of my refund (Premium Plus Beverage Package Upgrade and Service Changes), I was told they would look into it.  Then, I received this message:

I apologize for the wait, I had a supervisor look into this. In researching, all seems to be on track. We normally do have a 7 to 10 day turnaround for refunds.   Unfortunately, under the current situation, it may take a little more as we are all working remotely.

Just rest assured that it is pending process and  we are working diligently on your refund. We apologize for the delay, and any inconvenience this may cause. We appreciate your understanding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blcruising said:

Have they explained why it might take up to 90 days. I mean, that is three full billing cycles on a credit card. Practically unheard of. Carnival is also posting 90 days, but MSC is at 60 which is too long. Royal is 30 days which is fair.

The 90 days should only apply to those that were canceled by NCL due to their suspended sailing.  My refund does not fall under that and should not be part of the wait 90 days as this would (should) refund would fall under typical cancellation of things on the booking like any other time done in the past.  That said, there is definitely overhead that is making it take a bit more time.  I will be pissed if I have to wait that long since I am not eligible to the cancel perk of added FCC or total money back, I should equally not be held to the overhead of holding my money for legitimate items canceled on my booking.

The 90 days to refund $$ for the suspended 'canceled' sailings I would guess is for them not to be hit harder on cash flow with a sudden outflow to cruisers.  That money is keeping them afloat (maybe).

5 minutes ago, outlawd07 said:

When I emailed the NCL Concierge about the status of my refund (Premium Plus Beverage Package Upgrade and Service Changes), I was told they would look into it.  Then, I received this message:

I apologize for the wait, I had a supervisor look into this. In researching, all seems to be on track. We normally do have a 7 to 10 day turnaround for refunds.   Unfortunately, under the current situation, it may take a little more as we are all working remotely.

Just rest assured that it is pending process and  we are working diligently on your refund. We apologize for the delay, and any inconvenience this may cause. We appreciate your understanding. 

Thank you for this. I accept that it might be in the mix of other overhead right now so good to see this response.  I haven't wanted to call them to add to their queues.

When did you cancel your 'extras'?

And just read about the working remotely ... were they really working remotely that long?  Before March 10th, I didn't realize they were doing that then.   Seems like so much of that started after that date but I guess I don't know where they all work.

Edited by poffles

5 minutes ago, poffles said:

Thank you for this. I accept that it might be in the mix of other overhead right now so good to see this response.  I haven't wanted to call them to add to their queues.

When did you cancel your 'extras'?

And just read about the working remotely ... were they really working remotely that long?  Before March 10th, I didn't realize they were doing that then.   Seems like so much of that started after that date but I guess I don't know where they all work.

I requested the refund on Sunday, March 8th.  I figured the process wouldn't actually start until the next day so I made sure I waited 10 business days from the 9th before contacting them.