Celebrity still advertising NZ / AUS cruises in April?

Muffinz

Why are Celebrity still advertising New Zealand and Australia cruises on their website for April 2020 (see attached)

the NZ government officially closed all ports in NZ to cruise ships until 30 June and Australia has done the same for 30 days 

The 14th April cruise can't / won't go ahead as it starts in NZ and the following cruise (Sydney to Hawaii) won't be able to dock in NZ (has 2 port stops in NZ) and won't be able to dock / tender into French Polynesia as they have also banned cruise ships from entering.... so unless Celebrity find new port stops for this cruise it looks like it will be going straight from Sydney to Hawaii

I don't know why they are still being advertised on Celebrities site - with their original itineraries.

cruise123.PNG

4 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

Why are Celebrity still advertising New Zealand and Australia cruises on their website for April 2020 (see attached)

the NZ government officially closed all ports in NZ to cruise ships until 30 June and Australia has done the same for 30 days 

The 14th April cruise can't / won't go ahead as it starts in NZ and the following cruise (Sydney to Hawaii) won't be able to dock in NZ (has 2 port stops in NZ) and won't be able to dock / tender into French Polynesia as they have also banned cruise ships from entering.... so unless Celebrity find new port stops for this cruise it looks like it will be going straight from Sydney to Hawaii

I don't know why they are still being advertised on Celebrities site - with their original itineraries.

cruise123.PNG

Because ads are placed/organized weeks to months in advance. As to the popup ads on Celebrity website would think they are more concerned with other things.

Same reason today in the primary election there were 14 Democratic candidates. Ballots set up a couple months ago.

Maybe they have more important things to focus on. Since they have an intelligent customer base they know there customers can figure out ships can’t go to countries that have closed  their ports.

On my flight home from Reflection cruise last Friday I sat next to a salesperson from a large IT infrastructure company who had called on RCL and told me they had layed off 50% of their staff that day.  Apparently it was mostly contractors and I'd assume back office types as they would need as many customer service people as they could wrangle.   I'd suspect IT work is at a stand still.

28 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Because ads are placed/organized weeks to months in advance. As to the popup ads on Celebrity website would think they are more concerned with other things.

Same reason today in the primary election there were 14 Democratic candidates. Ballots set up a couple months ago.

this was no popup ad - I went into celebrity cruises and looked for a cruise in April 2020 for Australia / New Zealand and these came up.

Celebrity should be on top of these things and keep their website up to date...... I was surprised to see them still available on their website

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

this was no popup ad - I went into celebrity cruises and looked for a cruise in April 2020 for Australia / New Zealand and these came up.

Celebrity should be on top of these things and keep their website up to date...... I was surprised to see them still available on their website

There are a lot of other cruises still open for booking on the website that are unlikely to sail because of a variety of global bans, including the Captain's Club 2020 Reunion Cruise. The very least Celebrity could do is add a warning on the webpage for each of these cruises, stating that it is subject to a pending cancellation or change in itinerary.

340949975_ScreenShot2020-03-17at5_36_03PM.thumb.png.9ef333f6ae51a1859e2d9afcc68f5bcd.png