Pleasantly Surprised With Refund

sn2792

We canceled our March 23 cruise under cruise with confidence for FCC. We purchased non-refundable airline tickets thru Celebrity and was told we would receive a credit from airlines, which I assumed would be a voucher that would require change fees when used.

I was surprised today when we received a refund on our credit card from Celebrity for the full price of the tickets. Thank you Celebrity!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

We were on Silhouette Mar 6th- 15th and were promised a 25% refund on the 7th of March.  I just got in touch with Celebrity and I had to provide  a copy of the letter sent to us.  The agent knew nothing about this refund.  We are also waiting for the promised refund email for the cancelled cruises of March 15th and March 27th... Some get lucky some just have to chase down the department responsible.

34 minutes ago, Pickels said:

you can't get  a refund if you accepted the credit; you can't cancel the credit and accept the refund.

Not sure that is so at least in the Uk.

On the email I received it said you could opt for the 100% refund anytime upto the date the FCC runs out so apply before December 31 2021.

My only quibble is when I called to ask for the refund the person I spoke to said she would mark up and pass onto the refund department, I appreciate the refund will take time but I would have liked an email as confirmation I was in the system somewhere.

I had an email from Virgin within 12 hours of my email request.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 24acorns said:

Not sure that is so at least in the Uk.

On the email I received it said you could opt for the 100% refund anytime upto the date the FCC runs out so apply before December 31 2021.

My only quibble is when I called to ask for the refund the person I spoke to said she would mark up and pass onto the refund department, I appreciate the refund will take time but I would have liked an email as confirmation I was in the system somewhere.

I had an email from Virgin within 12 hours of my email request.

We were booked on March 23 Reflection  flying out on March 22.

booked with Cruise 1st 

had a call from Cruise 1st yesterday to say that they were starting to process our booking . I said I wanted a full refund rather than credits, he said it would be noted and that I would hear from them in the next few days.

fingers crossed 🤞😔

Was supposed to go on my cruise March 28th. Cancelled on the 13th for a 100% cash refund. Called Celebrity and they said the refund was processed on the 17th and will take up to 10 business days for the refund to show on my credit card.

If you decided to cancel your cruise 48 hours before sail date, you were offered a credit for a future cruise.  If you decided to still go on the cruise and then it was cancelled, then you had the offer of a refund.  But if you cancelled and took the credit, you're locked into the credit, can't change.   The refund was for those who decided to still go on the cruise, but it was cancelled. 

On 3/19/2020 at 5:03 AM, sn2792 said:

We canceled our March 23 cruise under cruise with confidence for FCC. We purchased non-refundable airline tickets thru Celebrity and was told we would receive a credit from airlines, which I assumed would be a voucher that would require change fees when used.

I was surprised today when we received a refund on our credit card from Celebrity for the full price of the tickets. Thank you Celebrity!

Was it a FULL or partial refund? How many days in total did it take? Recently, there were way to many posts concerning the time of refund. Also, did the bank take any percetage for the transaction? In any case, I am happy for you my friend. Save up till next year and get the most unbelievable cruise availble. Take care 

No refund yet for me........but.  After my 27 March Silhouette cruise was cancelled I filled out the refund link in the email Celebrity sent me last Friday.  Never got a confirmation email as promised, but I get the feeling that nobody else did either.  I have held back on phoning them as I know how busy they are but I keep wondering if my “file” is even in their refund system yet.  Then this morning I’ve got 6 emails from Celebrity, each one cancelling one of the excursions I had “purchased” using OBC credit.  So I am still optimistic that something might actually being done to my file.  But still waiting for $ back to my credit card.

18 minutes ago, thon said:

No refund yet for me........but.  After my 27 March Silhouette cruise was cancelled I filled out the refund link in the email Celebrity sent me last Friday.  Never got a confirmation email as promised, but I get the feeling that nobody else did either.  I have held back on phoning them as I know how busy they are but I keep wondering if my “file” is even in their refund system yet.  Then this morning I’ve got 6 emails from Celebrity, each one cancelling one of the excursions I had “purchased” using OBC credit.  So I am still optimistic that something might actually being done to my file.  But still waiting for $ back to my credit card.

The confirmations emails were taking at least a week. I also got emails yesterday  confirming refunds of pre-purchased items. The refund will eventually come through. 

Only received  half of our cruise fare, booked air with celebrity, no refund as of yet.  Cruise was canceled Feb 7th (Asia Cruise ) was told on Feb 28th it would be 6 more weeks. So why are people getting refunds for March and April Cruises?? Just a question?? Yes I know they are Very busy BUT??

Was it a FULL or partial refund? How many days in total did it take? Recently, there were way to many posts concerning the time of refund. Also, did the bank take any percetage for the transaction? In any case, I am happy for you my friend. Save up till next year and get the most unbelievable cruise availble. Take care 

We cancelled on March 9. We received future cruise credit for cruise. On March 17, our credit card received credits for the taxes, cancelled specialty dining and the full price of the airline tickets. The bank did not take any percentage for the transaction. We used a Bank of America Royal Caribbean card. So they will remove some of our points for the refund.