April 29 Volendam...Crickets!

Rnmomof03

We are scheduled on the 4/29/20 cruise to Alaska out of Vancouver.  I have been trying to be patient and give them time to sort all of this out.  Have been on here several times and read suggestions about waiting til we are closer.  However, as I am reading about people's experiences, deadlines, etc with further out dates, I AM SUPER NERVOUS, as I have heard NOTHING from Holland America.  No email, no nothing.  Can anyone tell me what my options are.  Guess I'll be calling later?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rnmomof03 said:

We are scheduled on the 4/29/20 cruise to Alaska out of Vancouver.  I have been trying to be patient and give them time to sort all of this out.  Have been on here several times and read suggestions about waiting til we are closer.  However, as I am reading about people's experiences, deadlines, etc with further out dates, I AM SUPER NERVOUS, as I have heard NOTHING from Holland America.  No email, no nothing.  Can anyone tell me what my options are.  Guess I'll be calling later?

Im thinking there are overwhelmed I'm waiting as well for information. When they canceled Asia  i received a email right away . With all thats happened i would think there is no way they will have enough money available to offer every one refunds without government help. I rebooked the Mediterranean so i'm in the same boat financially . Hope they get enough help to remain viable.

Vancouver is closed until July 1, so your cruise is not going, at least out of Vancouver. Doubt there will be any alternatives.

April 29 is over a month away...a VERY long time in the current situation. There are higher priorities right now...people are still being cleared from ongoing cruises, for example. If you look round the board there are people who have not heard about cruises weeks in front of yours. 

But, all of this doesn't prevent you from calling...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Option 1:   Call and wait on hold for hours and cancel under whatever terms they offer

Option 2:  Wait until they officially cancel it and choose between whatever refund/fcc options they offer.

No point in being SUPER NERVOUS.   They are simple options and it is what it is.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Rnmomof03 said:

I think your only options are to call and leave a message to cancel or reschedule to a future cruise or just to wait until HAL cancels your cruise.

We are scheduled April 27th on the Maasdam and just waiting.  I know the cruise won't happen so have cancelled my shore excursions, laundry and my drink cards.  I'm cancelling hotels and flights today. 

I am very disappointed because this same itinerary is not on the Fall 2020 nor Spring 2021 schedule.  There are similar ones just not all the ports I wanted.  But we will sail again, just not sure when.

So I am waiting, HAL has enough on their plate right now.