P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Well, microwave and cupboards fitted, kitchen back to normal with freshly painted walls. Frank even had time to alter the doors and lay the hall runner. Perfect. Open the wine and relax🍷. Job well done, I don’t know what all the fuss was about😊😉

Avril 

Well done Frank!

Can you please send him round to sort out my sagging drawers!

PS I'll supply the wine

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well done Frank!

Can you please send him round to sort out my sagging drawers!

PS I'll supply the wine

You too.. so have I.  I lost three quarters of a stone 😆😚🤣

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Well, microwave and cupboards fitted, kitchen back to normal with freshly painted walls. Frank even had time to alter the doors and lay the hall runner. Perfect. Open the wine and relax🍷. Job well done, I don’t know what all the fuss was about😊😉

Avril 

Hope he renewed your butts.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

What you have lost, I may have gained! 

I recently checked my DJ trousers to see if I would need some new ones, if cruising ever returns. I think I might be OK on Iona with only 2 formal nights on a 14nt cruise, but not sure I would want to breathe in for a full 4 nights.:classic_huh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I recently checked my DJ trousers to see if I would need some new ones, if cruising ever returns. I think I might be OK on Iona with only 2 formal nights on a 14nt cruise, but not sure I would want to breathe in for a full 4 nights.:classic_huh: 

Adjustable waistbands John. Frank's friend that allows him to indulge while onboard. 😉

Avril 

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Adjustable waistbands John. Frank's friend that allows him to indulge while onboard. 😉

Avril 

They are already adjusted to their widest point Avril, this lockdown has a lot to answer for on the alcohol, nut, nibble and biscuit consumption.

15 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We had to go into the bank last year to close an account, which couldn’t be done online. It was quite odd in the branch. No tills at all, but various interview pods and squishy sofas. Unless you knew it was a bank, you’d be hard pressed to know what sort of business it was. It was especially disconcerting, as I worked in the banking industry for 40 years, and 28 of those years was at that particular bank! On the plus side, the person who served me had worked there since the 80s, so we had lots of mutual colleagues that we had worked with

l’ve  sent a few Chaps payments in my time, and if it took her an hour, she must have been making a right meal of it! 

No, not really, but there was all the money laundering stuff to read to us, then she had to wait for a senior member of staff to OK it as it was a sizeable sum.

• Like 1

If things had been different, today, I would have gone to see 9 to 5 The Musical at the Marlowe in Canterbury.  It would have been a perfect day for it. Warm and sunny, but with a pleasant breeze.  We'd have probably had an early lunch, and then would have sat in Westgate Gardens for a while before making our way to the theatre. 

The show has been postponed until next June, so maybe we'll get to have this experience next year.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

If things had been different, today, I would have gone to see 9 to 5 The Musical at the Marlowe in Canterbury.  It would have been a perfect day for it. Warm and sunny, but with a pleasant breeze.  We'd have probably had an early lunch, and then would have sat in Westgate Gardens for a while before making our way to the theatre. 

The show has been postponed until next June, so maybe we'll get to have this experience next year.

That's such a shame! My eldest daughter & her husband were due to go to that this Saturday and I was booked to babysit. The new date for next year clashes with our rebooked cruise so my youngest daughter will have to do the babysitting duties.

We are due to go the ATP tennis finals for 2 days at the O2 in November, I very much doubt that spectators will be allowed even if the tournament goes ahead. Cant transfer out tickets to next year either as it's the last year it's being held in London. I'm probably more disappointed about that than anything else I've missed this year 🙁

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

That's such a shame! My eldest daughter & her husband were due to go to that this Saturday and I was booked to babysit. The new date for next year clashes with our rebooked cruise so my youngest daughter will have to do the babysitting duties.

We are due to go the ATP tennis finals for 2 days at the O2 in November, I very much doubt that spectators will be allowed even if the tournament goes ahead. Cant transfer out tickets to next year either as it's the last year it's being held in London. I'm probably more disappointed about that than anything else I've missed this year 🙁

We were due to see Les Miserables in October, but that was postponed to next October. But I had to cancel that one, as we are due to be on Queen Victoria at that time. LesMiz  is my favourite musical, so I'm disappointed by this - especially as it's not 100% certain I'll be on QV

I didn't realise that the ATP was moving from the O2.  I used to work with someone who was a tennis lover, so she'll be another one who is very disappointed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Its a shame, the Marlowe was always packed.

We've had our 60s concert cancelled and rescheduled there for next year too.  There's a pub with rooms not 20 yards away and we come out of the theatre and straight in!

The Marlowe is great. We've been going there 2 or 3 times a year since the new theatre opened. I think that was about 2011, if I recall correctly. Even weekday matinees are well attended, although it can get a bit crazy when there's a load of school parties attending. But a great way for young people to get interested in the theatre, so I'm not complaining.  

I hope there's some way the theatres can get going again

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We were due to see Les Miserables in October, but that was postponed to next October. But I had to cancel that one, as we are due to be on Queen Victoria at that time. LesMiz  is my favourite musical, so I'm disappointed by this - especially as it's not 100% certain I'll be on QV

I didn't realise that the ATP was moving from the O2.  I used to work with someone who was a tennis lover, so she'll be another one who is very disappointed. 

That's even more of a shame! Les Miz is my all time favourite as well. They have only recently renovated The Queen's Theatre too.

The ATP finals are moving to Turin from next year. There's going to be an awful lot of refunds due if/when they decide no spectators this November. We've been quite a few times but we had bought tickets to take my sister with us this year as she has a special birthday in November.

• Like 1

Lunch out today in our favourite pub. Saved £18 between us, thanks to Rishi.

The landlady was a little dubious as to how speedily she would get her money back, but hopefully she will  not be out of pocket.

Lots of space between the tables,  drinks delivered to you, only one person in the loo at a time. Excellent afternoon!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Lunch out today in our favourite pub. Saved £18 between us, thanks to Rishi.

The landlady was a little dubious as to how speedily she would get her money back, but hopefully she will  not be out of pocket.

Lots of space between the tables,  drinks delivered to you, only one person in the loo at a time. Excellent afternoon!

2 restaurants and 2 Coffee shops so far

Monday is the new Sunday. Rishi has promised 5 days to pay them the money.

He always tells the truth. He should exempt deserts with chocolate and ice cream. 😂

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, zap99 said:

He should exempt deserts with chocolate and ice cream. 😂

Nooooooooooo!  If I could start a meal with dessert I would 😋.  Maybe when/if I reach 80 and wear purple, maybe I'll do just that ......!

Desserts is stressed backwards - something I find only too easy to remember when I reach for the chocolate in trying times 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This may be controversial but I can't help but think that the Monday through Wednesday 50% is wrong. On the one hand we are told that being overweight is an added risk for Covid raising the chance of death but Rishi is encouraging us to go out to eat when we all know that when we eat out the food is more likely to contain less healthy ingredients than we would have at home and probably more fattening.  I know that when I eat out it is a treat so I don't always make the right choice.

• Like 5