P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

I recall at least one poster who has had Covid.  Sorry I don’t remember their name though

I thought I'd read that too. Much earlier on, maybe April/May? Time for some detective work🔎

Avril

• Like 1

Two friends of ours tested positive for the antibodies.  Neither of them felt unwell, both continued working, for the NHS, at the local hospital.  Neither of them ever had the "have you got it at the moment" test, basically because they never felt unwell.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, happy v said:

Husband and I have both had negative results. To tell you the truth by the time I got the result I was better and hoping it was positive to get the d... thing over and done with.

I only know one person who has had it.

I've known two,  and unfortunately one died 

Avril

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Thank you all for your kind thoughts, you really are a bunch of good eggs.. ❤️

Andy 

Yes we are Andy. Hard-boiled, soft, coddled and some are even a little scrambled, but everyone of us is happy that you're both ok🤗💕

Avril

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

On 4/3/2020 at 11:49 AM, amfc_lenny said:

We’re both thankful for our health but times are not great. ( were both late 30’s early 40,s)

My brother and sister in law both work on the front line of the nhs, and have both come down with covid, both seem to be ok with mild symptoms.

My mum has been released/dumped from hospital into a care home where covid is rife and she is in lockdown in her bedroom.

Ive been laid off as a joint result of the slow down due to brexit earlier in the year and as a result of covid. Yes I’ve put been put on furlough for 2 months, but probably have no job to go back to. No other firms in my industry will take on at present.

my oh, works for a medical supplies co, and is run off her feet trying to source products that every co and country in the world are also trying to source. She’s working 14 hour days, and has been told that she’s also likely to have to take a pay cut. 

So it’s not great out there

Stay safe

This Lenny Avril.... 

Doesn't sound like they did have it but were having a terrible time. 

I hope they are OK. 

Andy 

• Like 1

When I saw my friends yesterday we were all saying we didn’t personally know anyone who had it. A friend of mine’s son in law had it but I don’t know him. He is in his 30’s and did go to hospital but they sent him home. He’d never felt so ill before but he did recover.

• Like 4

COVID19 has been grim for so many people. 

terrible times😔

I know a couple of people who had it, fortunately they weren’t to bad with it. One had it right at the start, back in March. He wasn’t really sure that he’d had it as his only symptom was a loss of his sense of smell, and that wasn’t even regarded as a symptom back then. Recently, he applied for the plasma donation scheme, and they confirmed that he had antibodies and his plasma is being harvested to be used to treat Covid patients 

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

This Lenny Avril.... 

Doesn't sound like they did have it but were having a terrible time. 

I hope they are OK. 

Andy 

I know who you mean now and I remember that post. I didn't recognise them by that name though. They haven't posted for quite a while now and I hope everything's alright with them. I'm unsure about  overstepping the boundaries of this forum, but isn't there some way we can get in touch see how they're doing? 

Avril

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I know who you mean now and I remember that post. I didn't recognise them by that name though. They haven't posted for quite a while now and I hope everything's alright with them. I'm unsure about  overstepping the boundaries of this forum, but isn't there some way we can get in touch see how they're doing? 

Avril

Unfortunately Avril there is no way to personal message  people on this forum 😢

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

If you respond to their post they will get a notification and email message from cc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Unfortunately Avril there is no way to personal message  people on this forum 😢

It's so sad when posters you're used to seeing suddenly disappear and you begin to worry if they're ok, especially now. Maybe they'll see this and post again.

Avril

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's so sad when posters you're used to seeing suddenly disappear and you begin to worry if they're ok, especially now. Maybe they'll see this and post again.

Avril

Flicking through old posts on this thread trying to find Kenny, you realise how many come and go, many struggling. 

Lets hope they are all safe and well and just fed up of listening to our nonsense... 😊

Andy 

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Flicking through old posts on this thread trying to find Kenny, you realise how many come and go, many struggling. 

Lets hope they are all safe and well and just fed up of listening to our nonsense... 😊

Andy 

If you click on someone's profile,at the bottom it shows their most recent posts.

They may be posting on a different cruiselines forum and not on P&O.

Some people just stop posting.

24 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

It's all this nonsense that that takes your mind off things for a while, I know it does for me😊

Avril

• Like 4

Just watched the ITV news, where a chap who had an operation to remove his cancer cancelled,  due to CV19 policy stopping all operations. He has now been told that his cancer is inoperable. There are 35,000 other cancer sufferers who will die prematurely due to operations being cancelled. In addition to this number, you need to add those that died from heart attacks,  or not being given organ transplants. 

When the history of CV19 is written, it will show that, with the best of intentions, the actions of most governments actually caused more deaths than CV19 itself. The obvious exception to the rule is Sweden. 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

See you in a couple of weeks John😊

Andy 

How are you this morning Andy ? 

Is the man flu going /gone away yet ?

Whilst checking on the war wounded ,I wonder how Vamp's dog is getting on 

with those two tablets,lets hope they are working .:classic_smile:

animated-have-a-nice-day-image-0001.gif.76bc42dd0c95a724a8c4bbc0003fd44c.gifEveryone :classic_smile:

• Like 4