P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Everyone’s been to the coast!

We finally went to Weymouth and saw the liners in the bay.  Impressive.  Unfortunately we were on an errand so didn’t get a walk along the Esplanade to get a better look but it feels like there’s no rush - they’ll be there a while

It must be even more of a spectacle for people who’ve never seen cruise ships

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Everyone’s been to the coast!

We finally went to Weymouth and saw the liners in the bay.  Impressive.  Unfortunately we were on an errand so didn’t get a walk along the Esplanade to get a better look but it feels like there’s no rush - they’ll be there a while

It must be even more of a spectacle for people who’ve never seen cruise ships

Well, we just got back from a morning at Ferring (near Worthing on South Coast). It was just gorgeous.

The only upside with not cruising is not having to leave my dog Freddie.

EC1C183E-B7A5-46C0-9E56-B5C836A787AB.jpeg

DD693BC8-BB3B-4742-8487-7B5F4924C8E0.jpeg

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm pleased to see many of you have had a beautiful sunny day at the coast:classic_cool:. It must be  only here, in little old Barnsley, that it's breezy, overcast and a sizzling 13 degrees🥶

Avril

A bit better down the road from you as we managed 32 deg today !

16 this morning and 16 this afternoon :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

Mrs K has cut the grass seeing it stayed dry and we have booked the gardener to 

come and do the last trim of the hedges for this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm pleased to see many of you have had a beautiful sunny day at the coast:classic_cool:. It must be  only here, in little old Barnsley, that it's breezy, overcast and a sizzling 13 degrees🥶

Avril

Just the same in Huddersfield Avril, but the forecast is looking good for next week.

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I shall look forward to it John🤞

Avril

The good thing about living 10 minutes from the nearest beach is if the weather is good we can walk along the promenade or on the sand and if the weather is not good we can eat our picnic in the car looking out at sea thinking we are on our ships balcony.

IMG_20200910_125551.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hubby and I had the same day off yesterday so we went to the old fashioned resort of Deal. My parents took me and my sister there loads when we were growing up. Was a lovely day .

37AE7297-F4FC-4287-8780-4E22DB660CF4.jpeg

61DE9201-1B28-46BA-81A0-881D70CE021A.jpeg

I haven't been there for years, but have joined English Heritage recently and said the other day that we should visit Walmer Castle and Deal soon.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The good thing about living 10 minutes from the nearest beach is if the weather is good we can walk along the promenade or on the sand and if the weather is not good we can eat our picnic in the car looking out at sea thinking we are on our ships balcony.

IMG_20200910_125551.jpg

I take it you were parked in the car park near Sue's Cafe ?

If you was, this was taken in the apartment just down from where you were .

I used to like nothing better than a a early morning cuppa as the sun came up .:classic_smile:

20170903_064020.thumb.jpg.9fac7461b45b87f74d1f1cd4b132a346.jpg

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, kalos said:

I used to like nothing better than a a early morning cuppa as the sun came up .:classic_smile:

That's Sunderland, isn't it? I was born in Sunderland.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

We were actually parked at Seaham Marina but I know where you mean overlooking Roker Pier.

The Park Hotel used to be near Sues cafe where you were which is now private apartments where our Sarah's best friend lives now.

Did you live there long Kalos?

1 hour ago, kalos said:

what a lovely photo 😊

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We were actually parked at Seaham Marina but I know where you mean overlooking Roker Pier.

The Park Hotel used to be near Sues cafe where you were which is now private apartments where our Sarah's best friend lives now.

Did you live there long Kalos?

I wish ,we rented for a week but have stayed at other places as well around Sunderland seafront for the last 14/15 years .

We would call up for a long weekends

when the Air Shows were on .

Once it's safe and I get the all clear to travel we will be back  as we love the place .:classic_smile:

41 minutes ago, happy v said:

That's Sunderland, isn't it? I was born in Sunderland.

It is Happy and what a great place to be born :classic_smile:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kalos said:

I wish ,we rented for a week but have stayed at other places as well around Sunderland seafront for the last 14/15 years .

Once it's safe and I get the all clear to travel we will be back  as we love the place .:classic_smile:

It is.

The Seaburn or Roker Hotels are good places to stay just across the road from the beach with fantastic sea views.

Hopefully you can come back up here again and we can have a beer or 2.

• Like 1

View of Old Harry Rocks from Studland with Allure and Anthem of the Seas with IoW in the background.  Aurora's gone to Weymouth Bay after being almost a fixture for months.  

Beach and car park much busier than I expected and the N.T. one way system pretty pathetic - poor signage and therefore little adherence to distancing on very narrow paths.  Made a nice change though and to see the ships from a different angle. 

image.thumb.png.52f465f06ffc1f6574861a4f933bafae.png

• Like 10

2 hours ago, kalos said:

👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Renewed our passports at Max Speilmann's Monday afternoon. I recieved an email this afternoon that they have been printed and were dispatched today. It's only taken 3 days. Now we just need to be able to use them😁

Avril

That sounds promising for a friend who sent hers to be renewed earlier this week